The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Recreational Mechanic
833 Posts
Not sure about dipped but from what I see here it has not gone up. $29-33K seems to be where lower mileage clean title cars are at and have been. $24-28K for high mileage and/or rebuilt title cars.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes prices are down. However it is just the winter price drop. With warm weather coming expect prices to rise as the temperature does.
People say this all the time, but I never see it actually reflected in sale prices. I sold my Lotus for top dollar in the middle of February.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Could be due to lenders not wanting to deal with 10+ year old cars. Obviously there are companies willing to lend, but it really cuts down the options.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Bingo and they had a bit of an over the top spike past few years but age is finally catching up, Alfas exist, new Miatas, etc.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
In my area, at the local Lotus dealer, they get a low mileage Elise in every now and then. The latest one was received last week, an 05 or 6, with less than 10K miles and was almost $40k. It is gone now, just looked. I was in there last week dropping my Evora off for service and took a look at it. My Elise is now sitting with 70k on the odo probably only worth in the mid/low $20k range realistically. I don't plan to ever sell it so don't pay too much attention to prices on them. But shoot if its worth more than $20k for a car over 10 years old that I picked up 8 years ago for $27k, I'm not complaining. :)

My 2011 Lexus with 40k miles, I got 16K for on my trade in for the Evora. I paid $40k for it when I bought it.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,054 Posts
I paid in the high 30's for my '06 last October. It had less than 10,000 miles and I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal but I'll say it again: clean, unmodified, documented, low-mileage examples don't come up all that often. And even then, the chances of it being a top color choice are very slim. So I jumped on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Totally worth paying a few grand more for a zero stories specimen in a rare color.
You will almost never regret this find.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Actually, it's hard to regret any good running Elise :)

I got my clam damaged rebuilt title specimen for under 20K. A thermostat and repainted clam bring my total up to 21,508. Now the car is perfect and I am a happy camper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts