The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Cool! That's a nice shot. Lots of color going on! I wonder what the story is. The guy really didn't post any details.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I think that's a KG car in there, and I like how it looks :)

If any of you are on that board and able to post, could you possibly ask him if he has a higher resolution shot?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I looked at the photo again and figured it was krypton.

I also posted on the board for more info/photos.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
that sort of looks like the back area of Lotus USA...where the ramp is, in the back of the building.

And that ettsn guy who appears to be a moderator over there, was also a mod on the old Lotus site.

Cool. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Hmm... I thought this information was supposed to be kept quiet.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Well, it was supposed to be kept quiet!

Press/dealer launch next week.

At the Atlanta show, talked with an airline guy who unloaded the cars a couple weeks ago. Including the krypton.
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Normally a car manufacturer will try to make sure that the debut of the car is an event. That was true with the Los Angeles Auto Show and is true for the arrival on our shores of the real federal cars. The car companies do not like pics like that because it takes away from the magazines/reporters "scoop" of the new car, which you want them to think they have.

I assume that Donovan meant the pics will be on the revamped website, he was referring to the new official site and these pics were for that.

The good news is that it's been a couple weeks, maybe we will see a new website update any day now. With real pics of the colors instead of that thing on there now.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zvezdah1 said:
Well, it was supposed to be kept quiet!

Press/dealer launch next week.

At the Atlanta show, talked with an airline guy who unloaded the cars a couple weeks ago. Including the krypton.
Chris

Unloaded a couple of weeks ago? I thought they just started building them a couple of weeks ago?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
nxm150 said:
Unloaded a couple of weeks ago? I thought they just started building them a couple of weeks ago?
Remember, not everything is as it seems. :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Randy Chase said:
Remember, not everything is as it seems. :)

So even the guy who is part of gglotus.org, where this info was posted, is not really in the know as much as he thinks he is?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
The user (Nazz) who posted the image is listed as a moderator on the official forum. Furthermore, two posts down paul (user name etts) claims to have taken the picture. He is also listed as an moderator on the official board. Connection?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts