The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
babak said:
The user (Nazz) who posted the image is listed as an admin on the new official forum, connection?
Same person.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
nxm150 said:
So even the guy who is part of gglotus.org, where this info was posted, is not really in the know as much as he thinks he is?
Info posted there-

US Elise Press & Dealer Launch
On Schedule! On Schedule!
The first US Elise cars rolled out of Hethel the week of March 8th and boarded a plane for Lotus Cars USA. Right on schedule!

At LCU there is a buzz of activity, as everyone is focused upon preparing the cars and every conceivable detail to make the press and dealer launch event a huge success.

The Press and Dealers have been invited to the Barber Motorsports Park just outside of Birmingham Alabama. There the press and dealers will have the opportunity to get the Elise "Experience" first hand. 8 Elises will be provided for the show.

Following the press and dealer launch LCU will begin training classes for the Service Technicians. Dealers must send at Technician to the class to be trained on the new model.

On SCHEDULE!!!
Kamai very well be in the know. I get told certain things and almost always along with "please keep this to yourself."

:shrug:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Nazz on the DSM site also has a link to some sort of new tuner site. I visited and it says its designed by Donovan Lara,not suprisingly the site isnt fully operational.

So Is Donovan Nazz?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How much does it cost to air mail a 2000 lbs car? After I won the October 2004 Powerball loto, I may consider this option next time I travel to Europe.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Nazz on the DSM site also has a link to some sort of new tuner site. I visited and it says its designed by Donovan Lara,not suprisingly the site isnt fully operational.

So Is Donovan Nazz?
Yes

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Randy, It has been awhile since I checked gglotus.org but the post I was referring to is not the same one you just posted. I know someone cut and pasted his info to a thread here but I can't seem to find it.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
tidalwdave said:

I also posted on the board for more info/photos.
Not sure about the quality of information.

That sux that they have the Celica GTS motors in them.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Yeah, Im sure there will be more comments like that. No offense to any DSM owners on this site, but locally Ive never met a DSM owner who wasnt either cocky, arrogant or stupid, or a combination of all three.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK, I found his quote, guess it took only 1 week to build the cars then?

From GGLC:

Everything is staged in Hethel for the production of the US Elise to begin the 1st week of March. The first 8 or so cars will come off the line, get some quick testing and then will be quickly loaded on a plane for US soil in preparation for the US Press and Dealer launch in late March

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OneFastMiata said:
Yeah, Im sure there will be more comments like that. No offense to any DSM owners on this site, but locally Ive never met a DSM owner who wasnt either cocky, arrogant or stupid, or a combination of all three.
Hey now, as a proud owner of a 97 GSX, I take offense :D

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Diamond Star Motors, Im just used to calling them DSM's.

The guy who commented on the Celica motor also lists a 3000GT as one of his cars, which is just a few pounds shy of the weight of a US Navy Destroyer. He needs about 1000hp to move that car fast, I guess he thinks all cars are like that. :cool:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
nxm, you're ok. :)

The local kids with DSM's here are pretty awful. There's a large crowd of them and they all run together like a pack, most are arrogant and not very nice so Im jaded, at least locally anyway. They're all Forced Performance followers and 4g63 talkers, like to talk smack.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
nxm150 said:
OK, I found his quote, guess it took only 1 week to build the cars then?

From GGLC:

Everything is staged in Hethel for the production of the US Elise to begin the 1st week of March. The first 8 or so cars will come off the line, get some quick testing and then will be quickly loaded on a plane for US soil in preparation for the US Press and Dealer launch in late March
There were reports of cars being in production earlier than that. I guess it might make sense if you consider getting all the bits created over some time. I don't see the production as someone saying "start!" and then fabricating everything.

So during some timeframe, parts of the new cars were being made, sources lined up, tooling created. The question then is how long does it take to final assemble the cars? I think a week indeed should not be a problem.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Look at this thread from Lotus Admin! They gave him a car to drive! Im thinking of cancelling my orders now that I know that Lotus gave Lotus Admin an Elise to drive. :mad: ;) :p Wheres mine! :(

http://66.193.230.60/~dlara/sedsmorg/showthread.php?threadid=8821&highlight=elise

Also in that same thread,

LMAO! I like this quote from one of the DSM guys about the Elise....

"OK maybe I'm alittle bit off but it looks like a dehydrated Cocroach"

I gotta admit, thats funny.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Look at this thread from Lotus Admin! They gave him a car to drive! Im thinking of cancelling my orders now that I know that Lotus gave Lotus Admin an Elise to drive. :mad: ;)
Note that it's a non-US version. Thus it has the dual wide tail pipes (I would prefer), no side reflectors (I would prefer), radio antenna (I'm glad we won't have it) and driving lights in front grill (undecided).

What's with the "Nazz" id?? Also note the risque avatar.

Methinks that Chris (and Randy) know a lot more about what's going on with current developments than we think. I'm not sure how it helps to know stuff if you can't tell anyone, but perhaps they can fill in the blanks after certain info becomes public.

Hopefully the press cars include the final version of our interior??? Can't wait for the launch. Should really boost my E-bay auctions (just kidding, didn't have the foresight to buy up a lot of spots like a good capitalist - oops, not going down that road, sorry Chris).

21 - 40 of 97 Posts