The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
hot damn - that CO looks good. Wish there was some more of the krypton - its gonna be one of these two...or black.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
_JD_ said:
composite of the graphite models and the grey car:

I think you might be right Chris- any confirmation would be appreciated.
Looks to me like Storm Ti.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Not that I'm not trilled at see yet another exterior shot... But what about the interior? We all know that Lotus said the interiors of the auto show cars were not finished... So what do these press cars look like inside? I hope better than the show cars, as IMO they looked a bit cheap and plasticky.

I would take a leather or Alcantara covered dash if offered.

Inside picies please:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:

How do people feel about aubergine? Too pimp-daddy? I am seriously considering aubergine.

Not at all "pimp-daddy'. It is a color only for those with the most sophisticated tastes and unafraid of a lot of attention. I expect it to be similar to the nightfall blue, only purple. It will look almost black at night and on overcast days, and purple in bright sunshine.

However, one might wish they had bought Krypton Green or Chrome Orange after they drive one of the darker colors in traffic. And maybe put those flourescent Orange bike flags on each corner to improve visibility to the SUVs and large trucks!

Greg

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:

How do people feel about aubergine? Too pimp-daddy? I am seriously considering aubergine.
I like Aubergine, liked it enough that I would have had it in the runner up list. However, I live in Kansas, the K-State fans would never let me hear the end of it (purple is their color and the KU/K-State rivalry is legendary.) It was never my first choice to begin with and this...

·
Registered
529 Posts
huggy bear said:
That's cuz they are 50 feet away. Here's a closer pic. The side refefectors are still HIDEOUS on these press cars!

Have I mentioned how much I love our government... Protecting us from ourselves...

Airbags...
Bumper heights...
Side reflectors...

But yet they invest next to nothing in the only real safety difference...driver's education and testing :confused:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Paul MD said:

Whoa... hang on before you flame me - I'm just creating a little theater around admitting to someone that my car color is called 'Aubergine'...
Well, you could use "eggplant" if you'd prefer, but I don't know that that'd be *much* better.

I was quite close to going with Aubergine but not having the opportunity to see it in person, I couldn't do it.

If it looked exactly as it does on the color selector on www.lotuscars.com.au under indirect light, I'd go for it. But if it's a full shade darker or lighter, or only looks like that in full noon-time sun, I'd rather have something else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It came down to either Lotus Racing Green or Aubergine for me. However, once the Aubergine Elise had been referred to as the "Barbie Dream Car" at the office, I had to go with Green.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Biomax said:
JD - from your blowup - can you tell if the tip of that car in the LCUSA shot is a blue or black car?

ie if it's blue - it's nightfall.

just curious

:D

Robert
Biomax,

I'm sad to report that the tip of the car showing IS slightly in the blue spectrum. Unfortunately it's freaking purple.

So I believe the colors are:
Saffron
Ardent
Krypton
Magnetic
Arctic
Storm Ti
Aubergine Purple
Chrome Orange

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
CO looks AWESOME!! i'm so happy with my choice. i just wish they would offer black wheels from the factory cuz that will most definitely be the first thing i do.

Thanks for the photos!
Steve

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
huggy bear said:
That's cuz they are 50 feet away. Here's a closer pic. The side refefectors are still HIDEOUS on these press cars!
Wow, Krypton is exactly what I had hoped it would be :D :D :D :D :D

Here's another image from the former LCUSA forum:

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
_JD_ said:
Biomax,

I'm sad to report that the tip of the car showing IS slightly in the blue spectrum. Unfortunately it's freaking purple.

Saffron
Ardent
Krypton
Magnetic
Arctic
Storm Ti
Aubergine Purple
Chrome Orange
That would certainly add up - it's been mentioned that 8 cars arrived and both Chrome Orange and Aubergine have been mentioned by Nazz as among them.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That's the first picture of chrome orange that I've seen that actually looks rather nice. Not a bad choice.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
_JD_ said:
Biomax,

Saffron
Ardent
Krypton
Magnetic
Arctic
Storm Ti
Aubergine Purple
Chrome Orange
clyde just corroborated all of these

81 - 97 of 97 Posts