The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a really really cool turbocharged mini cooper. Problem is, I dont have room for it in the garage AND I just recently lost my job. With the second elise coming and winter coming AND with us renovating our home I have to sell my mini.

I had a buyer call today who wants it for sure, so its a done deal. I now feel really sad. I love the car and its like giving away a pet or something.

Gosh I wish I had unlimited funds. :(

Anyone else ever had to sell a car you really loved? It REALLY sucks. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

Its turbocharged, the motor is built and bored out. Its putting out 160rwhp at the moment on low boost.

Its fun to drive. I had to choose between the Lotus's and the mini and the miata...I chose to sell the mini because I'm the least attached to it. I dunno...I get really attached to my cars.

Uggh..what a crappy day. :(

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am getting to that point with my E30 M3, I am the original owner and it is totally unmolested, all original. But I just don't drive it any more, it just sits. And there are a lot of people who would love the car and drive the wheels off of it.
I think I am going to sell.
Oh, your Mini is beautiful!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your need to sell the Mini.

I had to sell a nice Alfa Spider when I moved to NYC. Not a fun experience.

I am also afraid that I need to sell my 1972 BMW 2002 and look for a somewhat bigger car in the near future. It would be a shame - but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Ron.

·
Registered
643 Posts
OneFastLotus, sorry to hear about your Mini (and your job). I'll be facing a similar situation when my Elise arrives. I love my Supra, and it's the reason my wife and I met in the first place, but unless my wife's real estate business picks up *a lot* or I take on some additional programming work, I'll have to sell it.

OTOH, Jim's tempting me with his E30 M3 on top of it all!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
This isn't going to be popular, but I have to express the contrarian view: Anyone on this board (including myself) who's wealthy enough to own an Elise -- a car that essentially demands a symbiotic relationship with a second car, what with the Elise's limited practicality -- is not in any situation where hardship sympathies need to be extended.

Hardship is not having enough money for food, medicine, education, child care. That sort of thing. That's hardship.

But not having enough money (or resources) for fun, impractical cars?

Or for second or third fun, impractical cars? Give me a break!

My working-class DNA finds this thread disturbing...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Oh believe me Jon money isn't the issue!!!! At least not for me:D Now get back to work so you can afford that Elise. Stop wasting your time on silly forums.:D

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
James A said:
Oh believe me Jon money isn't the issue!!!! At least not for me:D Now get back to work so you can afford that Elise. Stop wasting your time on silly forums.:D
My working class DNA instructed me to go to work early -- in order to leave early, to come home and watch the ALCS. So i'm at home, on the couch, pen-typing on a tablet PC.

And watching the populist bosox beat the fat-cat yankees!;)

(beginning of 2nd inning.)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I must have not made myself clear. Money is the reason Im having to sell it, but money isnt why Im upset. Im upset because I get attached to my cars and hate to see them go. I thought I said that in my post above.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
I must have not made myself clear. Money is the reason Im having to sell it, but money isnt why Im upset. Im upset because I get attached to my cars and hate to see them go. I thought I said that in my post above.
I know how it feels in a way.
In 1991 I rescued a1983 VW rabbit GTI with front damage from a junk yard. Installed harnesses, roll cage, bigger Audi engine, coilovers and went autoxing/trackdays and solo1.
A friend of mine borrowed it for a racing season, put a 14:1 comp 1500cc engine in it and broke a couple of standing mile records with it down at the glider base in Maxton, NC
Now the ravages of time and winters have taken it's toll on the poor guy. I'm not looking forward to the day....
m

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation. I really like your mini, it's one of the best ones I have ever seen. Hopefully, you can buy it back later on. :)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Jenn! :( Wish you had posted it for sale on here! It's a beautiful car and I might have been interested.

PS - is that a pic of your garage? doesn't look like you're runing outta space from this angle! ;)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, it really was a nice mini. I still have it for another week or so, until he can come get it. Im trying not to t hink about it.

I got in the high teens for it, which in the mini world is pricey. Most go for $12,000 or under. A select few go for $15,000- $20,000.

However mine did have just about everything done to it in addition to the turbocharger.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
if my sister liked Minis I would have tried to buy the car for her. I would have loved to have bought it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts