·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever owned a Trans-Am?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Is this related at all to the viper forum?

My answer is NO. But I've owned a couple of rice-rocket Hondas.

Feel free to flame me for a H22A Prelude Powered Civic making 233WHP on the dyno and hitting mid-12s in the quarter mile. It can't turn for @#@$ but makes it for a nice daily driven street car getting 28mpg combined (31-32mpg freeway).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No, but I read about a guy on another forum who owned one.

Edit: Blast, CP, you beat me by fractions of a second!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
no, but my brother's friend did, the rich farm kids had them in the late '70's right after "Smokey and the Bandit" came out. They were cheesy even then. I wish I bought one a few years ago when they were still cheap. They are appreciating rapidly.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I did when I was 24. Pretty good car too. Traded it in for a Z3 (140hp) and really missed the torque.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I didn't, but my girlfriend > wife > ex did back in the '70's. I bet she's still mad at me for the way I drove it!:shift:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
does a non TA firebird count?:eek:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I've never (and probably will never) own a GM car.

Why? My father was an automotive engineer; he designed parts that the "big three" used as OEM from the 60's to the 90's... so he spent a decent amount of time in Detroit rubbing elbows with their engineers. He told me: "never buy a GM car"...

He's got some great stories about production line disasters on the Corvette and Buick/Oldsmobile lines...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yes.

I was raised in North Carolina. My dad had one. I had one. I will make sure my sons own one.

Believe me, North Carolina women love Trans Ams.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a 1976 455 4-speed sitting right next to my Lotus. Original paint, numbers match & 42,000 miles. It is the antithesis of the Lotus but, just as much fun in it's own way. And...................it's appreciating.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I owned a 95 Camaro Z28 once. Close enough I guess

1 - 20 of 64 Posts