The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove the oil cooler duct as part of the brake system back date ABS delete on my 94

I can not imagine how some one was able to figure out the shape procedure to build that thing.

I did not believe it was going to slide out of there; it's such a long awkward shape and it has a weird flap on the end that has to fold in place....just amazing.

Brilliant engineering or something else?

I am thoroughly impressed and I have a new respect for the folks who designed and built these cool machines!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Among the many things I love about my '89 Esprit Turbo is the fact that it does not have a charge cooler. Having worked on many SE's and often dealing with the plumbing of the oil coolers (modified from the non-SE single oil cooler, in effect the old central oil cooler position became the charge cooler radiator for the SE and the SE used the split oil cooler "wings") I really appreciate the relatively simpler and cleaner plumbing without the charge cooler and its consequences for the oil coolers. I do appreciate those who lust for ever more power will think I'm a moron, but I am a happy moron and quite content with my performance and power "sans intercooler" as my French friends might say. Actually helping a friend right now with his SE and we are doing a lot of work (repairing accident damage) and we had to move those wing coolers out of the way. What a PITA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah the first time Tom helped. The second time a couple of weeks ago, Tom helped again but it was much easier having done it once (and having replaced all the corroded fasteners)
still they are like OJ's glove :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts