The Lotus Cars Community banner

Have you, or do you intend to track/autox your Lotus?

• Yes, I have tracked/autox'd my Lotus

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • I haven't, but intend to track/autox my Lotus

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No, I don't intend to track my Lotus

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I can't decide...

Votes: 5 5.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a fair question... Lotus designs many of their cars to be tracked or autox'd. How many of you have, or intend to take your Lotus on the track or to an autocross event?

EDIT: I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I thought that it would be useful to take a current snapshot of the Lotus community

EDIT 2: No one can see how you've voted, so please participate... you won't be flamed for voting your choice.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
No reason not to with this car

If you don't, you're "wasting" the car !

Although I admit it took me a while to do one.

Lastly :D there are already a couple threads on this I think

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I debated a while back how to hold a similar poll. My concern was that the folks who have participated in such events would be more likely to respond to the poll.

To get around this to some degree, I handled it like this: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/past-two-years-following-activities-have-you-participated-40842/

It will be interesting to see how your results compare. :)
That's a good point; I defer to your polling expertise. So far 100% of owners track/autox their car!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
autoX'd it once, had not tracked it yet ... not cus i dont want to, but because i work when the events happen, LOL

i will try to make more events in the future :up: :up:

and +1 for not flaming the ones who dont intend to...to each his own!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wouldnt mind it, but have no immeadiate intentions to.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
No way, I don't want to void my warranty so I co-drive someone elses car that's already out of warranty.

·
Registered
426 Posts
this is my fourth year autoXing! My first time with my exige was two weeks back. The car is still new to many and I probably embarrassed all loti ;) I did have a blast out there though!! My next one is this upcoming weekend on Waterford raceway so ill be reading like a feind on the boards about any tips possible ;)

within the next few weeks after my trip to the tail of the dragon I'll be setting up a training session at gingerman raceway with some knowledgeable race / loti instructor!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
First day of ownership I took it to the track!

In 2 weeks, I've been to 2 events....

Was this a rhetorical question? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts