The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was was driving along today when there was suddenly a lot of Hay on the road - I tried to get out of it so that none of it would damage my car and fortunately none did - However, there is quite a bit stuck in the back of my cars intercooler.

My question for you all is how hard is it to access this area - is it something I can do myself? - I assume is is just removing the front aluminum panel.

Thanks

·
Illegal Alien
5,272 Posts
Actually a radiator. The Evora S does not have an IC. Just drop the belly tray and hose out.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Can't remove the grill so you'll have to remove the undertray. Have you tried a vacuum cleaner?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
So much for all natural being good for ya!

I'd start by using an air compressor from the top to blow as much down low as possible. Maybe while a second person has vacuum below? Try that before the take apart.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have a couple of horses. Bring your car over and maybe they can help you figure out how to get all the hay out. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
So much for all natural being good for ya!

I'd start by using an air compressor from the top to blow as much down low as possible. Maybe while a second person has vacuum below? Try that before the take apart.
What brg said, but stick a piece of tubing on the air compressor and slide it through the mesh so you can loosen up any stuck pieces of hay better.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Leaf blower from the top?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a pair if endoscopic forceps for issues like this... the one that looks like a long wire with a small tweezers at the end of it...

sent from cell phone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts