The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 Elise that I have been working this issue on for the past 2 days.

Issue:

The car is the american model, left hand side driver. The hazard lights (driver side only), front and rear of the car do not work.

What I've done so far:

- Tested for voltage going to the both locations with no juice flowing to the bulb.
- Has 2 relays plugged in under the passenger footwell, labels:

Italamec 313 GM 90 069 864 and Lucas 52010208 AMR 4873

looking at this diagram here:

Testing each one plugged in by itself only, I have these results:

The Lucas relay is plugged into the labeled "Flasher Relay" and the passenger side front and rear hazards work, horn works, wiper works and tachometer works. (Driver side, front and back hazards do not work)

The Italamec relay plugged into the labeled "Wiper Relay" NO hazards work, horn works, wiper works and tachometer works(BUT flickers slightly)

- Testing both plugged in together into the respective locations mentioned above, Passenger side front and rear hazards work, horn works, wiper works, tachometer works (no flicker)

- My next test was removing the Italamec relay. I removed the relay from the plastic housing and could not find any burns/corrosion or blown modules, here's an image below:

- I've made no attempt to adjust/solder/modify any of the modules on the Italamec relay, as I am not an expert. I put the piece back in the plastic housing and tested the aforementioned setups again, making sure the housing removal didn't damage anything. This yielded the same results.

My question now is, should I buy a new Italamec relay first?
or should I attempt to test the wiring which comes from the harness into the connector?

Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update:

I tested the relay with a 9V square battery, and the relay makes the "TICK" sound from the copper pad hitting the side as it should.

I made a crappy video at work showing this:

The problem I still have is I don't know how to properly test the other connectors with a battery/voltage since there's no "indicator" or noise that's made to confirm that it works.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unable to fix the issue.. I ordered a replacement from gmparts website, then 2 days later they emailed me saying the part wasn't in stock and refunded me.

If anyone knows a place I can buy a replacement Italamec 313 GM 90 069 864, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Sorry, I missed your earlier response. The turn signals use the same flasher unit as the hazards. As therefore, the turn signals are working the problem is not the flasher. I would suggest the problem is the Hazard switch, or connections, did you inspect it?
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts