The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Check my reply.... it was my last post to that forum... after which I promptly left and joined here.

Derek, thank you for making me aware of elisetalk! I'm diggin it so far :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree with jml1952 on that thread. Sorry guys. How can anyone have any reasonable basis to know what the value of a car will be 3 years from now when it has never been sold in the US. It's just a stupid discussion to have and doesn't help anyone. Its also stupid to get mad at lotus admin over locking the thread. That's the admin's job. To control what discussions take place.

Finally, anyone who thinks a forum is a place for free speach is kidding themselves. Free speach doesn't exist, even in the US. (I'll admit this statemet opens up a whole can of worms and Randy - you should close this forum immediately to keep us on topic!)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
smura,

It's one thing to lock a thread because it's controversial.

It's a totally different thing to accuse your customers of unethically reselling your products with no basis just because they're curious about the resalve value.

My issue with Lotus Admin is that he implied that I want to broker the Elise and then refused to respond to my PM to him... all because of my curiosity of what people think residuals on the Elise would be like.

I had a valid basis for my curiosity... and I feel justified in thinking that LA was wrong for what he said about me.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
transio said:
Check my reply.... it was my last post to that forum... .
Really? :)

(just breaking your chops.. no big deal)

By the way, why don't you call your dealer and tell him your concerns?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have no objection to discussing whether the Elise will hold its value over the next few years. Within the context of deciding whether to buy one now or wait, fine (although you have more discipline than most of us if you can wait a couple of years to get one).

I do object to discussing how much of a mark-up the Elise will fetch on the market after it comes out (which was the context of the threads that Lotus Admin locked on the other forum). As LA aptly stated, that has nothing to do with appreciation/depreciation of the car.

For people who do not yet have a deposit down, it sounds like it's getting harder to secure a promise of MSRP from some dealers. But if they check around, it sounds like there are still options that don't require paying a steep mark-up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts