The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got my 07 lotus elise delievered to me today from texas to pa the battery was dead because of extremely cold weather so i read the manual and it said it was ok to jump start it so we did, for some reason though i can not get the head lights to shut off while the vehicle is running i shut the switches off and nothing will do it what is going on? when i shut the car down the lights do shut off, is there maybe something wrong with the car or is it just the operator lol thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Daytime Running Lights. Check the manual. :wave:

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
If you don't like the DRLs, check into this post which shows you how to turn them off. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24344 Be sure to read the entire thread because there are at least three different methods to get to the wire you need to disconnect. Just pick the method that you feel most comfortable trying and protect your hands from cuts if you need to put them anywhere near the aluminum dash structure to get to the wire.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
cool i thought i blew a module or something i have looked everywhere in the manual still cant find anything about this
Although the manual is pretty comprehensive, it isn't always updated for the updates to the car. The addition of DRLs was a running change (actually, new for the '06 cars). Obviously they didn't add it to the manual.

·
Registered
418 Posts
When I got my '06, there was a 1-page addendum with the manual which described the '06 changes, including the DRL. Maybe your extra page got lost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts