The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way to the gas station to get some gas and go ahead and buy some tickets to the new 007 movie. While I was in the median waiting to turn into the gas station a Mercedes E class older one comes at me about 25-35 miles an hour. Im surprise at how well the Lotus held up and I am so happy to be alive thank God!
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1352426373.840245.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1352426496.198882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
So maybe if your car was a brighter color the guy in the Mercedes would have seen you?!! Glad you're OK, but what was the other guy doing?

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Another lotus gone :(

Man they just drove straight up the front of your car. I think I might break down in tears if someone hit me like that!

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
:( Did he/she even brake?! After I was done yelling, I would totally cry.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Man that sucks. That had to have been terrifying seeing that beast ramp straight up your windshield. Glad you're ok.

Post the VIN.

I'm sure the "part-out" scavengers will hit this thread soon.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Need another Jimmy!

Glad your ok!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah guys I was pretty upset at first, after all this is the second time someone as hit me without even seeing me. It's bright yellow and it looks crazy how did they miss me I don't know. Anyways ill miss her and just get another one. RIP my dream car.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
954 Posts
That's insane! People are such bad drivers.
Glad you came out unharmed!
Good luck with insurance and with the search for the replacement.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Oh my. I'm glad you are OK.

Here's how this should go... Insurance payment for the total - buy back cost + your spare time disassembling everything usable + payments for parted out bits = new Lotus for you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
good to hear u r okay

After the fact I would have got a big truck and ran them over, due to the fact that their vehicle is fine and can be repaired and ur vehicle is done and the insurance will low ball you. Even if they have enough insurance to cover ur vehicle you will be pissed when they offer you a low check for ur vehicle. Good luck how did they not see u what they thought you were a yellow light.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts