The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’ve been trying to post about this on several different threads but I don’t think I have enough street cred in here yet because it keeps getting deleted. But anyways...

I’m about to put a K40 (slight chance I might switch to ALP) laser system in my 05 Elise. My stock Blau head unit has an audio input for a 30 pin aux cord strung through the dash put in by a previous owner and conveniently quit working about 2 weeks after I got it. I’m not inclined to rip the dash out just to replace the cord since I’ve been wanting to upgrade the head unit. I’ve done quite a bit of research into this but I would like some experience from you all here about specific head unit integration with K40 and ALP systems.

I would like to put a touch screen LCD single DIN to replace the head unit but also doesn’t completely cover up either the vents or the climate controls (probably going to angle the display towards the driver for easier viewing angle while driving also). I’ve looked into mostly at the ilx-f309 by Alpine and a couple of kenwoods that are similar but my main importance is the display of the program for the laser system being displayed on the touch screen while I’m driving and still being able to play music and a plus would be that the alerts from the system also play through the speakers as well. CarPlay would be awesome too. Whether it means an HDMI adapter connecting directly to my iPhone or something along those lines I’m okay with.

I’ve looked at diagrams and lists of compatible head units with each system but it’s been hard to get someone customer service wise to go into this level of detail so here I am.

I know this is pretty specific, but what can I say I’m a pretty specific kind of guy. Oh, and yes a laser system is necessary for me after getting popped for 25 over city driving. I won’t be slowing down anytime soon.

Happy driving!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts