The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello LT,

Just wanted to share something I found with the Elise comunity... Im am currently in the process of getting my first Elise from another LT member. I’ve been looking for stereo upgrade options from the Blaupunkt head unit, mainly because I would like to add a back-up camera and Apple Car Play.

I ran into this unit on Crutchfield.com the other day while browsing and it looks like a great option since the lcd screen position is completely adjustable. The screen is NOT motorized. I believe this will allow us to clear the a/c vents and still have room to access the a/c controls below. Once I get the car I can do measurements to confirm this.

The unit is has not been released yet but I think it will be my top choice when the time comes. Here is the link to SONY.

SONY XAV-AX8000

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went with a similar head unit. I believe is the ilxf309 from alpine. It blocks the middle vents which I don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with a similar head unit. I believe is the ilxf309 from alpine. It blocks the middle vents which I don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks, good. I was looking and that one too and wondered how it would look installed. Whats the screen size on the Alpine?

Thank you for sharing the picture.

I forgot to mention, on the Sony you can adjust the screen angle, height and deph.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got an universal tablet mount and re-purpose an old 7" tablet lying around at home. installed android auto on the tablet. cellphone wifi hotspot. Use bluetooth to connect to my $25 Blaupunkt toronto headunit and its USB cable to power tablet.

very cheap. the only problem is waiting for the old tablet to boot up and load android auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts