The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I did the Sony XAV-AX5000 a little while ago - best option on the market IMO. I run CarPlay w Spotify 100% of the time. Obviously it covers the HVAC controls a bit, but that’s not a problem for me.

Clarkjk3nt

I found a YouTube video were they said it wont fit into a single din. How did you installed yours? Did you had to keep it sticking out a bit to allow the panel to hang low in front of the a/c controls? modified the dash?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
53 Posts
Looks good! Is there a wiring adapter available or did you have to cut and splice into the factory wiring?
I don't have a good answer for that. I'm fairly confident the adapter in the box works, but I had it prof installed. Comments on the Lotus FB page the adapter in the box works and the install was "nearly plug and play."

·
Registered
164 Posts
I found a YouTube video were they said it wont fit into a single din. How did you installed yours? Did you had to keep it sticking out a bit to allow the panel to hang low in front of the a/c controls? modified the dash?
The Sony doesn't sit quite as far back as the stock HU did, but it slides in far enough to 'click' with the mounting brackets. I did not modify the dash in any way. My passengers are surprised when they learn its aftermarket.

Looks good! Is there a wiring adapter available or did you have to cut and splice into the factory wiring?
I think there would be a couple splices, but I was replacing a previous aftermarket HU that had already modified the wiring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did the Sony XAV-AX5000 a little while ago - best option on the market IMO. I run CarPlay w Spotify 100% of the time. Obviously it covers the HVAC controls a bit, but that’s not a problem for me.

I would love some more pictures of this installation as I am currently shopping for the AX7000. How is the view from the driver seat? Is the screen tilted up at all towards the driver or is it pretty vertical?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would love some more pictures of this installation as I am currently shopping for the AX7000. How is the view from the driver seat? Is the screen tilted up at all towards the driver or is it pretty vertical?
Following.....
I am also looking at the AX7000 since it puts out 100W instead of 55W (AX5000). All specs look the same on their website size-wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
I upgraded to Pioneer SPH-10BT. I simply use my old cellphone as touch screen

good - comes with mount that clears the vents when up. mount can be closed into the unit itself and makes it look just like any clean single DIN unit. cheap (relatively)
bad -no native android auto/carplay, bad MIC hard to detect voice commands/siri (maybe due the the noise in our lotus)

dont really need android auto per se, when I use the pioneer app to launch waze, sportify on my phone screen via the hard buttons on the unit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Would you happen to have a picture of your setup? TIA!
due to unrealistic cold weather in canada (it was still snowing yesterday), my car is still in storage. this is the original post I followed but you will get the idea....

I will attach something once I finally get to drive my car in Canada.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sorry totally forgot about posting my SPH-10BT pictures. I will grab some today and post it for those who are still interested.
We would love to see some pictures! I am on the verge of ordering the SPH-10BT, and need a little nudge.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We would love to see some pictures! I am on the verge of ordering the SPH-10BT, and need a little nudge.
check it out...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts