The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting prepared to do an intake manifold swap (going from the stock to the ported on done by Boosted). I was doing a search for the thread that had the instructions but all I came up with was a broken link (I'm guessing to the old forums). Anyway, I was able to track it down and thought I'd post it for anyone else that was going to do this in the future:

helpful tips removing stock exhaust manifold

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I guess some people got theirs out without removing that exhaust stud, but mine was stuck until I cut the air pipe. Removing the stud has got to be easier than cutting that pipe in place :wallbang:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess some people got theirs out without removing that exhaust stud, but mine was stuck until I cut the air pipe. Removing the stud has got to be easier than cutting that pipe in place :wallbang:
Yup, removing the stud made it so much easier to get the manifold out (and back in) without having to ut the air pipe. I fought with it for a couple of minutes and thought about cutting the air pipe but decided that a 15 minute trip to the hardware store to pick up the size correct star socket was a better idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts