The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I am contemplating on getting a header for my 2011 Elise SC. Because of the facelifted rear bumper, under diffuser exit exhausts are my only options. I have had a Larini Track Exhaust in my car for awhile now and find the noise level quite good.

I have read people with StageII or StageIII exhaust having fitment troubles with PPE headers and potentially others.

Does anyone here with experience with the Larini Track and various headers? I found some pictures online and it looks like DMC will fit, what about PPE, 2bular, Larini, etc?

The Larini Track exhaust
Photo credits to gunpilot

Image I found on google with Larini Track with DMC headers

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the dmc headers, and the larini sc sport exhaust...not sure what the differences are...kind of looks like yours:

this one:

Larini SC Sport

Mine clears fine. I remember having to play with the rotational adjustment of the unit because you can clear the header...but you also have to watch your clearance for the diffuser. Which is kind of tricky because you're installing it with the diffuser off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the dmc headers, and the larini sc sport exhaust...not sure what the differences are...kind of looks like yours:

this one:

Larini SC Sport

Mine clears fine. I remember having to play with the rotational adjustment of the unit because you can clear the header...but you also have to watch your clearance for the diffuser. Which is kind of tricky because you're installing it with the diffuser off.
Thanks gstomp06. The Larini Track is has a bigger resonator for the lower noise level. Would you remember how much room do you have between the exhaust and the header? is the pipe or resonator closer to the header?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks gstomp06. The Larini Track is has a bigger resonator for the lower noise level. Would you remember how much room do you have between the exhaust and the header? is the pipe or resonator closer to the header?
Honestly can't remember, I want to say about the size of a fist. I need to change out my rear pads this week. I'll see if I can drop the diffuser and snap a photo for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly can't remember, I want to say about the size of a fist. I need to change out my rear pads this week. I'll see if I can drop the diffuser and snap a photo for you.
That's okay gstomp, we all know how troublesome it is to drop the diffuser :wink2:
the size of a fist is more than enough for information. I was worried it would be like half an inch

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have run that larini with a PPE header and decat pipe. It had great sound and some increased performance even before a tune which helped out even more.
If you are interested shoot us an email!
https://gregsraceparts.squarespace.com/exhaust/ppe-stainless-race-header-for-elise-exige-2zz
That'ts good to know greg. PPE is the one I read that has most fitment issues on lotustalk. Are PPE headers now come standard with stainless steel? I remember at a time only mild steel was available.

I wish I can have a tune for my mp45 sucker

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
That'ts good to know greg. PPE is the one I read that has most fitment issues on lotustalk. Are PPE headers now come standard with stainless steel? I remember at a time only mild steel was available.

I wish I can have a tune for my mp45 sucker
Yeah the PPE comes standard in a 16ga 304 stainless tubing.
I ran one on my personal Elise and it fit great, if there was a fitment issue Paul at PPE is very easy to deal with so it would get sorted out.

Ultimately a tune will tie your mods together and make the most of them, when you get to that point talk to Phil!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I upgraded my NA Elise with a BOE tune and header, with a 6 inch muffler added above the rear diffuser as suggested by those who know a lot more than I know. This was a dedicated full race car weighing 1800 lbs without ballast added. It produced 191 wheel horsepower and the car reached 130 mph on the front straight at NOLA Motorsport Park. That's faster than my 944 Porsche turbo (128 mph max), and faster than my supercharged Miata (not even close). I have yet to try my Evora S on this track, but expect it to make more than 130 mph in pure stock form-and even more when headers, BOE tune and free-flow catless exhaust is added. By the way, 191 whp on my NA Elise is one or two h.p. more than the Supercharged street Elises made. BOE tunes are awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts