The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last fellow I bought my '05 Elise from miswired the the headlight/running light/parking light buttons.

The way they respond right now, is crazy. Here's how they operate now:

1) Top button, I believe the parking lights is unresponsive to touch but does turn on magically somehow via the use of the two other buttons below
2) To turn on headlights, you have to push the lower (blue) headlight button twice. Once this is done both of the lights above (parking and running) miraculously turn on as well.
3) To turn off the lights, you have to push the lower (blue) headlight button twice. The other two buttons above remain on. To turn them off you push the middle one and both the top and middle turn off.

Anybody have any idea how these might be miswired?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Maybe they are reversed, the plugs have been switched.
Michael
So the last fellow I bought my '05 Elise from miswired the the headlight/running light/parking light buttons.

The way they respond right now, is crazy. Here's how they operate now:

1) Top button, I believe the parking lights is unresponsive to touch but does turn on magically somehow via the use of the two other buttons below
2) To turn on headlights, you have to push the lower (blue) headlight button twice. Once this is done both of the lights above (parking and running) miraculously turn on as well.
3) To turn off the lights, you have to push the lower (blue) headlight button twice. The other two buttons above remain on. To turn them off you push the middle one and both the top and middle turn off.

Anybody have any idea how these might be miswired?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Just try switching the 2 plugs. Normally, it is the opposite to what you describe, the top side light switch has to be on before the headlights.
Michael
Know of any documentation any where that would help fix? A photo of a correctly wired panel would be ideal...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to everyone on this - you fixed it :)

I pulled off the panel. The three incoming wires for the three various buttons happened to be labeled, so I simply changed the plugs to the correct buttons.

Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts