The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased an 05 Elise and immediately noticed a 'defect' with the headlight covers. I've searched and read about a lot of issues (burning, other types of scratches) but couldn't find any pics of this problem. I have the same effect on both headlight covers.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, were you able to get it repaired under warranty?

Here's a picture. It looks like tape residue, but it's not. In fact, you can feel that it's not a buildup at all, but instead part of it is flaking off. Thanks for the help and sorry in advance if this was posted earlier. :bow:I did look, but there are a ton of 'headlight' issues to wade through that are not related.

Pics:
1)Closeup of peeling /flaking.
2) Area where this is visible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I had this happen on my 06 as well. It started on the showroom floor and got progressively worse. I took it to the dealer and they warrantied both of them. I think the cost is around $800 a piece so if you're under warranty take care of it ASAP!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Just to 'close' the thread, got it to the dealer today and they replaced them both under warranty. It looks sooooo much better :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts