The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just noticed this gap on my right headlight. The left definately looks more flush. What could cause this? Broken tabs?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
I doubt its the mounting points that broke. They appear to be rather solidly made (not my photo below but shows the mounts). However, it is possible that the mounting bolts have loosened. Can you (gently) move the headlight by hand?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt its the mounting points that broke. They appear to be rather solidly made (not my photo below but shows the mounts). However, it is possible that the mounting bolts have loosened. Can you (gently) move the headlight by hand?

View attachment 1257714
I can move it a little bit...I’ll have to check those mounting points.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Not sure if you've been in there before. But, some owners have been able to tightened loose bolts by turning front wheels fully and dropping just the front of the wheel liner. But, I have no idea how they got their hand to the front mount if that was also loose.

Easiest I have found is to remove the front wheel and wheel liner. Rear mounts are then easy to see and reach. The front mount is much harder to reach. You can either see it or feel it. But, you cant see and feel it at the same time. (On a side note, the next time I have my headlights out, I'll be replacing the front bolts with winged thumb bolts I purchased to make the install much easier.)

In case you haven't been in there, here are some more photos for reference...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you hit any heavy bumps or run off small curb..
The metal holding these up is very light weight and bends very easily..
On my other 2011 Evora I had same issue and had to remove and straighten metal
and while there mine had rust on them and so painted while out..

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
One of the dumbest design pieces on the Evora is the location of the front mounting screws. Unless you have chicken arms, its damn near impossible to reach up their. They do come loose and shift as yours did. I horizontal mount would have been MUCH smarter than the vertical you see. Then just have an adjustment screw. Would have been stronger as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts