The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Exige with one of my low beam lights out. Discovered what I have (albeit no longer working) Philips Xendrive XLD CK G4 CAM-BUS --> aftermarket HID upgrades.

Threads on this are older and scattered...what specific recommendations do people? HID? LED?

Will need to buy something new and appreciate the recommendations.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi,
So, I had a headlight go out on one of my cars. I went on Amazon and bought a pair of GP Thunder 7500k H9B 65W bulbs for $16.99 for the pair (including shipping - lol). I laughed and thought, how good could they be for eight bucks a bulb?

Well, I installed them and they have a very white light. Granted, they aren't the brightest bulbs I have ever seen, but I like the white light much better than the yellowish light from the factory bulbs, so I bought matching bulbs for the other lights (GP Thunder 9005 HB3 8500k 65W) - these were $15.99 including shipping!

At these prices and the white light, it doesn't matter how long they last. I can swap them out pretty fast. Try them. The price is right.
Tim

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice and for a great price!

I have an aftermarket option that no longer works and can go back to 2007 OEM or hopefully find the best long lasting aftermarket HID/LED

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice and for a great price!

I have an aftermarket option that no longer works and can go back to 2007 OEM or hopefully find the best long lasting aftermarket HID/LED
Did you find an H7 LED that fit and doesn’t overheat? I’m also looking.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
If you drive at night stick with HIDs. LEDs are attractive, but they don't throw light as far as HIDs which is what matters driving at 60+ mph.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I bought whatever higher end bulbs were at the parts store and they work reasonably well . The factory driving lights are a huuuuuge improvement for highway driving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts