The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I already removed my high beams(lightweight mod) since I rarely drive the car at night and did install xenons in the low beams that far outperform the halogen high beams anyway.
I am thinking about blacking out the headlight covers with urethane paint from the inside. I would mask a round area just ahead of the low beam so that the low beam light beam can still be effective. I was also thinking of cutting a hole(w-holesaw into them and installing a polycarbonate tube that allows the light beam to come directly off the low beam ball lens.
Ideas/comments???

Attachments

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would also love to remove the front turn signals from the front of the car(fill and paint the holes, ugly IMHO) and install the turn indicator bulbs into the high beam location. Of course using the chrome look amber flash bulbs.. Just not looking forward to having the front clam repainted. The other mod to the front clam would be to blank off the oil cooler inlets(fill and paint) since I no longer need them and like the look of the GT2/3 Cadena(?) Exige front end.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I would also love to remove the front turn signals from the front of the car(fill and paint the holes, ugly IMHO) and install the turn indicator bulbs into the high beam location. Of course using the chrome look amber flash bulbs.. Just not looking forward to having the front clam repainted. The other mod to the front clam would be to blank off the oil cooler inlets(fill and paint) since I no longer need them and like the look of the GT2/3 Cadena(?) Exige front end.

Where did you place the oil cooler(s)?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where did you place the oil cooler(s)?
It is an early 05(#244) so it had two front mount oil coolers(overkill anyway).I removed them and the miles of rubber garden hose(oil hose) that went from back to front and back again.
Casey(@forcedfed) later installed a Mocal liquid to oil oil cooler that is fed by the coolant discharging from the intercooler(liquid to air).:up: Seems to do a fine job..
I was hoping Casey could find the time to install an oil temp gauge and an intercooler in and out temp gauge but you know how it goes..He is a busy guy..
Picture of the MOCAL below:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts