The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yes, I am interested. Is it comparable mil. to the 3M? Please let us know. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to do the windshield in clear? Windshields don't last long in LA and dealers are not stocking these. I would imagine a cracked windshield would take quite some time to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'd be interested too... probably the clear film. But just in case, is it possible to "mix and match?" (e.g. smoked turn indicators, but clear headlights?)

Pianomaniac: I think the clearbra material will scratch badly if you use the wiper and you have dirt on the material. So as long as you don't use the wiper, I think you might be OK using the film on the windshield. Has anyone else done this? Did anyone else notice any distortion by using film on the windshield?

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info on Headlight Kits

The colored headlight protection films are 17Mils thick
The clear headlight protection films is made by 3M and it is 15Mils thick. The clear used to be alot thicker but XPEL stoped using the thicker film. I'm not sure why but I would think that over heating was a problem.

If you guys are interested either send $40 paypal payment to
[email protected]
Make sure to include the year, make, model and the color of the headlight kit. You also call me at 818-599-7469

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pianomaniac said:
Yes, I am interested. Is it comparable mil. to the 3M? Please let us know. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to do the windshield in clear? Windshields don't last long in LA and dealers are not stocking these. I would imagine a cracked windshield would take quite some time to get a replacement.
I would not recomend doing your windshield because the adhesive will obstruct your view. That's why no company will do.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
shinoo said:
Not recommended. The clarity is not acceptable. :eek:
OK,thanks guys.

Next question: Would the colored or smoked over the headlights lessen the intensity of the headlights? It's already poor light. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pianomaniac said:
OK,thanks guys.

Next question: Would the colored or smoked over the headlights lessen the intensity of the headlights? It's already poor light. Thanks.

Ron
The smoke film will cut down light out put by 35% (should only be used for show or offroad use)

The yellow film will not cut down your light and it will give the yellow fog light appearance.

The blue film will not cut down your light and when turned on it will turn on like HID lights.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
no offense intended but the statements about those color films not cutting down the light intensity are just plain physically impossible. coloration of light via transmission through a filter (and this film is indeed a filter) is done by absorbing some of the light. in the case of yellow film it absorbs blue light. the blue film absorbs yellow light. now, perhaps it is a smaller percentage than the smoked film, but it most definitely absorbs light.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The car already has built-in headlight protection separate from the headlights, so you'd be buying protection for your headlight protection. :p

I would think that the polycarbonate is a lot thicker/stronger than 3M film. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts