The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question #1:
I was reading something about certain headlight covers not fitting.
Did the headlight covers change in the S2 era?
(If so when?)

Question #2:
I was trying to put the headlight covers back on, and the rubber seals that go with them are not formed to shape like the blinker/indicator's are. I cannot tell which side is to go where, but tried a variety of ways yesterday. The seals wouldn't stay in place long enough to get the lights in place to bolt the units back on.
Anyone know the trick(s) for getting these back in place.

Question #3:
I was looking in the manual and the light with the aspheric shaped lens was indicated as being the dip light. The larger one closer to the front as the main beam.
How do these translate into low beam and high beam?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Don't know if there have been any changes and don't know any tricks since I've never had to change them, if you find any please let me know =) I plan on putting in brighter bulbs soon.

What I do know is
Low beam (driving light) is on top farther back
The bottom pod has two lamps top is for what I call parking lights bottom is the high beam

here is a picture

·
Registered
379 Posts
There was a headlight change in 07. At least for the exige, I am unsure about the elise. If you do a search for HID headlights you should find some threads about it.

My manual is completely wrong for the headlight setup, and they changed the housing before they changed the manual.

If you do have the newer setup, changing the bulbs or converting to HID is much easier. You do not need to pull the entire housing out, just the inner fenders.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Main = high
Dip = low

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
There was a headlight change in 07. At least for the exige, I am unsure about the elise. If you do a search for HID headlights you should find some threads about it.

My manual is completely wrong for the headlight setup, and they changed the housing before they changed the manual.

If you do have the newer setup, changing the bulbs or converting to HID is much easier. You do not need to pull the entire housing out, just the inner fenders.
The 2007 Elise headlights are also different than the '05-'06 models. They are sealed units and are the same as the ExigeS. Also the bulbs for the main (high) and dip beam (low) are both H7 in the 2007+, no longer H1 and H7.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...My manual is completely wrong for the headlight setup, and they changed the housing before they changed the manual.
(Thanks all)

I was looking at the manual and became convinced that the wiring was backwards so switched them - So now I have to switch them back...
Might as well align them too I suppose.

I think that doing the HIDs would be a pain without the moving the front clam.
But removing the clam was not difficult.
You use up a lot of real estate especially putting in the HIDs for the driving lights. I put mine in the top of the structure ahead of the radiator surround.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the rubber seals in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts