The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hello.
I havent driven the vehicle on the highway yet. Those dark strange roads.
But I have been keen towards them in town. I have been impressed by them and I imagine driving on the dark highway Id have all beams lit up at the right time. I have driven close by the house withe the quads going and it is decent.

Its fantastic to update, but do you honestly find them lacking?
That is a question not a critisism.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,656 Posts
One nice thing about a quad lamp system is that you can aim the outers (low beams) properly and then aim the inners (high beams) out & up. Makes for pretty good light distribution IMO. No "hot spots" or missed areas.

My headlights are US spec Halogens, nothing exotic.

+++++++++++++

Hey Mike, how solid are your light pods when raised? If there is any looseness or slop in the bucket linkage, report back in a new Topic...

This ^^ discussion should be good for another three or four Topic pages! :D

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hello.
Anyone use the LED strip to compliment the car?
I am tight lipped for now?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hi.
Im asking this because it appears to be the most popular accessory purchased at any chain and also strewn about on a heck of a lot of cars being made today.
Mike
IMHO the ones I have seen with LED strips on Esprit's look silly.. Just my $0.02

·
Banned
938 Posts
Some people have replaced their tail light lamps with LED, and interior and gauge lighting with LED.
Yes. It turns out great too.

Just erks me when led strips are added to the front to resemble or enhance an angry face or whatever..
Diffuser lenses are finally being used and the 'Light Brite' peg look hopefully will go the way light brite itself.

·
Registered
480 Posts

Just erks me when led strips are added to the front to resemble or enhance an angry face or whatever..
Diffuser lenses are finally being used and the 'Light Brite' peg look hopefully will go the way light brite itself.
Audi started the front-end LED strip daytime running light fad a few years ago and now everybody even down to Kia has copied it. Time for a new lighting fad.

·
Registered
327 Posts

I actually like lite brite look LED daytime running lights. And LEDs are going to be such a minuet current draw they make a lot of sense. No heat generated and no amps wasted. Tjat said, they'd look out of place on the Esprit. They'd look out of place on probably any car with pop up headlights.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Audi started the front-end LED strip daytime running light fad a few years ago and now everybody even down to Kia has copied it. Time for a new lighting fad.
actually, BMW started the craze with their "angel eye" halos around their headlights. The aftermarket went nuts trying to replicate it.....and other car manufacturers wanted their cars to have a signature look to their headlights, too.

That's when audi started using LEDs to make "eyebrows." .....and then, the led revolution has taken over....on every car, front and back....it seems.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
From the UMB guys over in Thailand.. I have no info on them..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts