The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Integrator
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Good idea:
always ask if the parts are for "right hand traffic, steering wheel on the left" when buying lights from UK !

Beware of cheap fakes with "Autopal" markings.
ALWAYS read the small print!

Here is a sample of such note buried deep in the text:
Top Quality Brand Any of the brands above, equivalent or OE supplier brands may be supplied UNLESS customer specifies.
Brand (or Equivalent Available) VALEO,HELLA,VIEROL,Or-Equivalent

Usually, you'll get an "equivalent" made by Chi-Coms

While ago, Cibie has been acquired by Valeo

Attachments

·
'95 S4s & '79 JPS #040
44 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if the headlight "cover" would be out of the airstream?

Also, I am not so sure if those 2 creases fit with the rounded "Esprit" body style.

-Rich
'95 S4s ...SHF63000
'79 JPS #040

·
Integrator
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hmmmm, I wonder if the headlight "cover" would be out of the airstream?

Also, I am not so sure if those 2 creases fit with the rounded "Esprit" body style.

-Rich
'95 S4s ...SHF63000
'79 JPS #040

Hmmmm...
Are you referring to the led crystal lens pattern lines?
Thanks to the prismatic Fresnel "creases" they create a pencil beam w/range of ~4,500 feet. This way, I will never "outrun my beams", LOL.

These are SCR-s, SCR = Surface Complex Reflectors, creases are not a decoration, but a necessity.

Currently, you can get a similar pair on eBay, eBay item number: 142876067129

Happy shopping.
Mine are original flat Cibie-s, not Valeo.

Attachments

·
Wingless Wonder
5,552 Posts
WARNING: those flat-shouldered lenses could potentially rub the bodywork on an Esprit as the pods go up & down. (They did on Yellow Hornet's S4s.) Make sure you check the clearance on your car. Slop in the pod pivots can result in a body scar...

Remember, a traditional sealed-beam lamp has rounded edges.

·
'95 S4s & '79 JPS #040
44 Posts
Hmmmm...
Are you referring to the led crystal lens pattern lines?
No. I was referring to the headlight pictures from the UMB guys over in Thailand.

They're headlight mod seems to be a solution where lights remain visible all the time and I wondered if their modded cover would be in the air stream or would the bumper push air up beyond the headlight cover and not create additional drag.

Rich
'95 S4s ...SHF63000
'79 JPS #040

·
Integrator
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
WARNING: those flat-shouldered lenses could potentially rub the bodywork on an Esprit as the pods go up & down. (They did on Yellow Hornet's S4s.) Make sure you check the clearance on your car. Slop in the pod pivots can result in a body scar...

CIBIE lights on my car clear the body work with plenty of margin. ~1 inch

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts

Atwell is correct... the flat ones did in fact rub a bit. I was able to make a small adjustment and now they don’t hit anymore. I bought my lights from Daniel Stern Lighting. Not only with a great to deal with… but their website was very informative.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts