The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to embark on redoing my sagging headliner on the hard top. I thought I could share with the forum, i assume the stock headliner sagging is a common issue. I purchase the ribbed material used for carpeting (available at Lowes and Home Depot)

T Games Text Font Recreation
Brick Brickwork Wall Wood

It took a couple of hours, the hardest part was the removal of the old headliner and the liner fabric. I tried to clean off most of the old glue. I used 3M spray. The ribbed material was pliable enough so that it can contour nicely around the concave shapes of the hard top. The material costs $18.00 and there is enough to do a couple of tops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm glad you did it yourself, but...
Why crap carpeting? You could have done Alcantara or a nice fiber mesh material to add texture. This reminds me of the floor mats they put inside radio shack.
Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious. Did you do this because you had leakage issues?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm glad you did it yourself, but...
Why crap carpeting? You could have done Alcantara or a nice fiber mesh material to add texture. This reminds me of the floor mats they put inside radio shack.
Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious. Did you do this because you had leakage issues?
+1
They looks warm an fuzzy... for my feet. :facepalm

Nice craftsmanship, though.

Maybe it's just the way the picture was taken.. :shrug:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1

They looks warm an fuzzy... for my feet. :facepalm

Nice craftsmanship, though.

Maybe it's just the way the picture was taken.. :shrug:

It is not really carpet like you would use on the floor, it is much thinner and has small ribs. What I like about it is that it has some pliability for all the curved areas without bunching, and it actually helps acoustically in the cabin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.