The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2012 Evora S only has 1,000 miles on it and was standing at the front of the car showing it at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch and noticed bright white fabric at the top of the windshield. Upon closer inspection, it appears that the headliner is sagging about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. It doesn't look like there are snaps or any clips holding it in place and wondered if anyone else noticed this. Any tips on how to fix this issue?

I love my Lotus, wouldn't complain about any part of it. Best purchase I ever made. Just needs a little love and attention to some spots. The driver side door is not aligned - maybe 1mm lower than the passenger side. Will check out some posts about adjusting the door or another fix for that. I see it in my mirror when I check for traffic and it is just something I would like to be perfect.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
For something like that you're better off replacing it under warranty than fixing it yourself.

Check the bolts that secure the sun visor and clips. This go through the headliner and should work to secure it in place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called Lotus Today

So I called Lotus in GA today.... They are amazing and so helpful. They are going to cover it under warranty and I will be going to Orange County Lotus for the warranty work. That will be an awesome drive from Las Vegas to CA. The door can be adjusted, but might have done while headliner is getting replaced. I get a smile on my face every time I think of my lotus.... Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
So I called Lotus in GA today.... They are amazing and so helpful. They are going to cover it under warranty and I will be going to Orange County Lotus for the warranty work. That will be an awesome drive from Las Vegas to CA. The door can be adjusted, but might have done while headliner is getting replaced. I get a smile on my face every time I think of my lotus.... Thanks for your input.
That's good to here. Glad to see Lotus is taking good care of you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was just getting ready to post about the same thing, plus the interior light doesn't click into place. I noticed it Saturday at a car show after just getting it back from getting some other warranty work done. Might take a look at it to see if it's a simple fix since the closest dealer is 2hrs away.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is an older thread on here about the sagging headliner issue that discusses the clips, glue, fixes, etc. [Or I could be hallucinating that.] :huh:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I've had the same problem about two weeks after I got my car in April. It is warped. There's no clips or glue. Just needs to be replaced.

I have the light gray interior which has been replaced with a new color (same as the 2014) but I'm still waiting. It's been 4 months.

If your dealers have any updates, please let me know. I'd like to get this done before my dealers service department closes on 12/31.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I just looked and noticed I have the same problem - sagging a good 1/2" on the right side
i wonder if that is at all related to your squeaking issue?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That is great news about Lotus working with you. Can I ask why you need to go all the way to Orange Ca, to get your car worked on? Is there no dealer in Vegas?
Ron:shrug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the posts. I didn't notice the sagging before, but it doesn't appear to have a previous thread on it. Searched for "sagging" and "headliner" there were threads on rhino spray and stuff and replacement. Warranty will work, plus it keeps new threads and conversation going. Wasn't sure if anyone would respond to an old thread.. lol

Well, the Lotus dealer in Las Vegas is new and doesn't have experience and I am picky about who touches my car. So Orange County came highly recommended. I was checking out the headliner today and the metal bracket doesn't seem to be warped, but the foam is falling away from the metal and couldn't feel any clips along the entire length of the windshield. It's mostly cosmetic - Just want her at her best. I would like to have it fixed before the Lotus Cup (which is in November near Las Vegas). The Lotus of GA was talking about it. Will take plenty of pics at hethel next weekend.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
what about just gluing it yourself? i can't see it as being a piece you would need to access particularly often anyway?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have the same issue. Will be replaced under warranty this Tuesday.
Any thoughts on what could be causing it?

I'm hoping it's simply due to incorrect installation from the factory. Though, I only noticed the issue this past summer.
Hopefully it won't be a recurring issue in the future

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mine is at the shop. Waiting for two days for authorization from Lotus, and apparently it's a big job as per the service manager, upwards of $500. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its just a huge gap between the headliner and the part above it. Also, its very stiff - not sure if I glued it that it would stay or even move. Lotus stated that this headliner for the GP Edition was specially made with Suedtex and would take longer to order and replace the entire headliner. Not sure if the other Lotus owners have the Suedtex headliner that is sagging. I am still waiting to hear back from Orange County regarding this.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I have SuedeTex and have been waiting for months. They ordered a replacement which was beige but realize it's the wrong color. Minke is apparently gray. Trouble is, the gray is no longer being produce and a new gray is forthcoming.

At this point, I'd be fine with beige.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Just FYI. I got a notice for Scottsdale Lotus' service department that "Lotus has received headliners from their suppliers so they should be shipping out soon." Specifically, this is the new gray liner (which I believe is on the 2014) that go with with the Suede Tex interiors. ETA is about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Just got the car back after getting this done.
They had to remove the passenger seat due to the sheer size of the headliner.

The new material is different from the MY12 dark headliner option.
It has a nice suede texture to it, but it's not as soft. Although, the headliner structure itself is quite stiff and sturdy.

They also replaced the inner A and B pillar trims to match the new material.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Thanks. Looks like my A and B pillars are falling off too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts