The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd drop a quick heads up about an Aubergine Elise that might be floating around out there soon for a relatively low price. It's located or at least it was located in the St Louis area.

The car is a drug reposession that sat for two years before going to auction. The purchaser of the car didnt know how to start it so the car was loaded onto a truck using a forklift. It was also tied down using the A arms, and due to rough handling the drivers window was broken out and has since been replaced.

I only know about this car, and the details of it, due to a message forum that I sometimes visit ( non elise related). The owner of the shop ( he wouldnt tell me the name of his shop...) was talking about it in great detail before he learned someone with elise contacts was watching.

I dont have the VIN or any other information on the car, but I did want to warn others that it's floating around out there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, Its been floating around for a while. Ive got a customer who wants one bad, but they dont want this one because its a salvage title, and I cant blame them, I wouldnt want a salvage titled car. Anybody else got one?

Thanks for the heads up though!:up:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I figure its always good to look out for Lotus bretheren as one day someone might save me too.

Not sure if it comes wtih any drugs. lol You could buy it and check ;)

And yeah, salvage title elises imho = ten foot pole.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thats the EXACT one that this "person" was trying to sell for $25,000 just two weeks ago. And, two weeks ago it was supposedly located in a place called Sikeston MO.

I got a little bit nosey with the guy trying to feel out the situation and acted interested.

The supposed owner told me that if I wanted the car he'd sell it to me for $25,000 CASH ONLY. He also would not give a phone number to call. He gave me an address, 220 Dewitt Drive Sikeston Mo, 63801, he said that was his shop location.

He told me that if I came to get it ( 9 hour drive) , that someone at this "place" would contact him and he would meet me there. However...he would not give me a time that he would be available...... Yeah right.

This person, also claimed he bought it through Barret Jackson and it was perfectly clean and wonderful.....yet he told someone else it was a theft repo, had sat for two years, and it was loaded with a forklift and they knocked the window out etc.

Funny part is....the shop owner from Sikeston showed those EXACT same pictures and said that was his shop. However those pics say it's in Iowa.

I wouldn't touch this car with a 30 foot pole. Good Grief, the story gets more complicated by the day. lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
If this is a salvaged title vehicle, wouldn't a Car Fax indicate that?

Not that Car Fax is "end all be all" of cars however, if it shows up on there then obviously you want to stay away and if it doesn't then you OBVIOUSLY want to inspect this car very carefully.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Despite their ambiguous (tricky) advertising, CARFAX doesn't report anything from about 50% of the states in the US. They just settled a class action lawsuit against them for shady advertising practices. If you ever bought a CARFAX report, you should be getting some part of the settlement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts