The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something that has sirius and navigation capabilities and an easy install.

Thanks in advance...:wave:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ipod jack would be nice too...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm sorta sold on the JVC KD-NX5000 that I got last summer with my car.

Apparently, you can get satellite radio AND an iPod connector at the same time, but it looks like a PITA to connect. I've been looking around online tonight trying to figure out the JVC/Sirius voodoo necessary to make it happen, but with no luck. I'm really surprised JVC made this hard. That said, I have enjoyed it so far. Just having the iPod is pretty easy connect and deal with.

It is pricey, and I don't use the navigation.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do you have sirius or not?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I do not, but I would like to. I can't figure out what all I'll have to buy to make it happen. The iPod was easy.

Maybe someone else on the board can help both of us.

Just FYI, the guys at the dealership who installed the radio for me said it was a biatch to do. Wire splicing, etc.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not, but I would like to. I can't figure out what all I'll have to buy to make it happen. The iPod was easy.

Just FYI, the guys at the dealership who installed the radio for me said it was a biatch to do. Wire splicing, etc.

CAN YOU POST UP SOME PICS OF IT INSATALLED IF YOU DON'T MIND?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I assume you mean the iPod? I did the "Blondie" install. Intstructions found here:

http://www.quinndunki.com/lotus/ipod/

One small difference in what i did, though. Instead of putting the iPod in the cubby, it is velcroed behind the panel above the cubby. It is completely hidden. The KD-NX5000 controls the iPod. The panel is velcroed onto the dash. This way the iPod is safe when I'm not putting the top on the car, but is easy to get to when I want to put new songs on it. The head unit also keeps it charged.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant the head unit....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't actually have a pic of it in the car. It looks nice, though, I guess.

·
Registered
705 Posts

For Sirius, you just need to add the outboard Sirius tuner and antenna. It will be driven off the head unit like the Ipod. As far as your dealer's assesment of the task at hand, he was just looking for more money from you. If you are just changing the head unit, it is quite simple.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Wire splicing is at least 2.5 hours shop time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have a pic of it installed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts