The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dealer today and he informed me that they know the first allocation and delivery date. Unless I did not hear correctly, he stated that the first 8 cars are not scheduled to arrive until August 2004 and he does not know any details about the second delivery. I am in the second batch and find that upsetting as I will not be driving my Elise in the winter.

Could this have been a mistake.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Just put my order in for second batch. I heard demo car by may, first batch by late june and second by late summer. Add pessimistic fudge factor to this and we're talking early fall for second batch potentially.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
they probably told your dealer they would be receiving a total of 8 cars by August, not all 8 cars in August. If you are higher than 10 then yes, you may not get your car until Winter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
2nd batch

Have been advised my car will 'probably' arrive August or September. Ordered Monday 1 March. (Midwestern Auto Group) All information to this point from them has been on the conservative side, so I wouldn't be surprised to have my car in August. But then I'll have nothing to look forward to!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Did read on one of the sites that a member had been told that Lotus is seriously thinking about upping production to 3,500 U.S. cars. Even if so,
it shouldn't affect the 2nd wave since
there is even a summer shut-down from what I hear but perhaps it will help others further down the lists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts