The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While researching the wiring found within the center console, I found this tid bit in the Interior Service Notes regarding removal of the center console:

Once the console has passed over the parking brake lever, disconnect the central door locking, hazard lamp and heated rear window switches from their main harness connections.

I found nothing in Fuses regarding this nor within the Wiring Diagrams... There is an unused connector in the console of my car that is wrapped together with the hazard & central door locking switches. Wonder where the other end of these wires are located???

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I don't see any mention of this in my service manual which includes the '06 MY, just the hazards and CDL. Does the unused wire have a bullet-type connector? If so, that's for the seat belt warning.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't make it up... I'd always assumed, and still do, that the unused connector is for the Traction Control Switch, which my car does not have enabled. I'm not referring to the (2) bullet-type connectors for the driver's seat belt warning light.

I downloaded the SN's on 7/20/20. This is the name of the file I'm referring to:

sn_vt_interior trim_Elise_12_model_year_onwards.pdf

Look on page 11, Section VT.9 - Single Piece Centre Console, Note #9.

I'll take a pic of my unused connector later today.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I didn't make it up... I'd always assumed, and still do, that the unused connector is for the Traction Control Switch, which my car does not have enabled. I'm not referring to the (2) bullet-type connectors for the driver's seat belt warning light.

I downloaded the SN's on 7/20/20. This is the name of the file I'm referring to:

sn_vt_interior trim_Elise_12_model_year_onwards.pdf

Look on page 11, Section VT.9 - Single Piece Centre Console, Note #9.

I'll take a pic of my unused connector later today.
Yeah, I wasn't accusing you of making it up, but I was just saying it isn't in my service manual. Seeing how yours says "12_model_year_onwards", I think I know why ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ But the later model years have a different console with different notes that do not mention a connector for a Heated Rear Window...??? Gotta be a misprint that should've read Traction Control. You're saying your SN's do not read as typed in OP? Odd they would add that in a later version...?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
^ But the later model years have a different console with different notes that do not mention a connector for a Heated Rear Window...??? Gotta be a misprint that should've read Traction Control. You're saying your SN's do not read as typed in OP? Odd they would add that in a later version...?
I am referencing the Service Manual, not service notes. It has no mention of any heated window since it is only up to 2009 or so, but it does include everything for 06. I googled it and found other references to a heated window button on some euro models, but nothing in the US (which didn't get a MY12 anyways). Plus, your SN specifically says it is for 12+, so I'd get something that includes 06 since you don't know what does and doesn't apply.

Mine just says "Lift the centre trim panel, label and disconnect the CDL switch and (if fitted) hazard switch, and release
the gear lever gaiter."

It does later mention the 06 LTC switch on the center console, so that's all the wiring I can find that might be there for your year.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I think I found it! The S1 DID have a heated windscreen, but I can find no mention of any US models with one:

And the button is on the center console, probably what your SNs are referring to.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
757 Posts
I wonder why they bothered with heated rear windscreen on the S1. My 1978 Fiat X 1/9 (also a targa bar car) had heated windscreen as its only option. I used it once in 12 years of ownership. Having the rear glass inset into a cove means that dew and frost essentially never fall on it. Blowing snow will, but an electric demister won't do much with that anyway.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks @cyow5! Mystery solved... To provide closure, here are the connectors in my center console minus the driver seat belt warning connectors:

IMG_1177.jpg

Large Green is for Hazard switch
Small Green is for Traction Control
Black connector is for Central Door Locks

There is NO wiring for Heated Rear Window in USA Elige cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts