The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
®ob said:
Does anyone know where the connector for the recirc comes out on the engine bay side?
I don't think it does. The recirc switch controls a stepper motor that closes the butterfly flaps to the fresh air intakes so that 90% of the interior air is recirculated to the blower fans. Recirc works on my car. Maybe your flaps are stuck.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
pete k said:
Is there a reason you cant just put a manual on/off water valve in the engine compartment?
Guys are afraid to disable the heat soak. I'd like to know how often heat soak is actually enabled and is there a way to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
pete k said:
Thanks Bruce, that explains a lot. First, I have never heard it come on, and probably won't. 110 C is the same as 220 F, which is probably possible to reach after turning off a hot engine
110 C is 230 F I think. Toyota doesn't use the heat soak on any of their 2ZZ cars. It's peculiar to Lotus. But I guess some Elise get driven harder than Toyotas.

But I have another question about the Lotus Heat Soak procedure. Why do the fans come on at 115 C? That's not the circuit the water is flowing through. I definitely know my fans have never come on after the car has been off. An interesting experiment would be to bypass the heater core up front by just switching the hoses and see if the cooling fans ever come on. That would indicate that enough cooling isn't getting done just flowing through the pipes and hoses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts