The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Tony, one more thought I had. Get some aluminized heat shield cloth and wrap it around the air box vent tube. That should repel some heat from the rest of the car. Might be worth a degree or 2, and its only about 30$.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well...was going to finish my setup...but my Audi air solenoid has very small leads. I can use generic push on connectors. c'est la vie.
After more thought..I think I'm just going to use my recirc button to control the bypass valve. THe recirc doesn't seem to do crap (in fact seems to make it worse). Does anyone know where the connector for the recirc comes out on the engine bay side?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow...I'm glad I'm being lazy. Tony that was a brilliant idea. Is this a part one can get from Rat Shack? If not, I'll just pay you to ship one to me to save me the hassle :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So I finally finished installing tonight. Haven't had a chance to drive car. Test of the setup works good so far though. Valve comes right on with the switch, and shuts off quickly when the car is shut off.
I actually use an Audi air solenoid instead of the one Tony was suggesting. Why? Because I had a couple spare ones lying around :) The are of 99 A4 2.8. You can use these, but you'll also need a Bosch 2 wire plug to plug into it. Regular push on leads won't work.
This mod was more of PITA than I thought. Working in tight crammed spaces sucks like no tomorrow.

For getting power to the switch, their is 12 volts switched power right in the AC control head. The fan switch has 1 lead that is hot with ignition. It is the lead labeled C on the back of the switch. I just used that to grab my power for my solenoid.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
This morning...I actually saw my windshield fog up from the cold air coming out of my vents. I couldn't believe it :)
This is definitely worth doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.