The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I will be definately hitting you up for a kit as I share your pain here in Orlando, Did you source any of your parts from Sky-craft? I love that place :)
I will shoot you an email and hopefully we can hook-up so I can see this creation of yours!
Nick

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My Impressions :
Tony has a winner here :)
I posted this in another thread so I will just copy and paste...

The heater bypass helps without a doubt - when you have your cover off and see how close the heater core sits next to the A/C core you will shake your head in disbelief, Basically the airflow runs between the a/c core (cold side) and the heater core and with the Hot water circulating in the core the cooled air is passing right by the heater core with the 180-200 degree right next to it so obviously you are picking up the radiant heat from the heater core as your cooled air is making it's way to the vents! Brilliant design:rolleyes:
Tony's mod bypasses the heater core before the hot water reaches the core so the cool air blowing through the system is running by a heater core that is now ambient until you flip the switch to allow the hot water to pass through the heater core again, Great mod! Now at cruise with the vent on I feel ambient air coming out of the vents instead of hot air!
It works!
You can thank Tony for this - He also wrapped some insulation around the flex hose that came from the Evap core to the vents!

PS - For ****s and giggles I decided to test how long a difference it makes so I had the car running in by-pass mode and idled the car with the vents open and the fan on full and the heat to full on, As soon as I flipped the switch off it took less that 5 seconds to feel all the heat blowing on my face then I switched Tony's by-pass mod on and it started cooling right away and was ambient within 10 seconds - Great stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.