The Lotus Cars Community banner
161 - 180 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Yeah! 83 years and still rockin'

I'll quit whining about my age immediately. I'd like a poster of that guy for my garage.

HE GETS HIS KIT FOR FREE!!!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I agree!

He is a great guy. I was doing some work with a local Lotus dealer and he saw the car. Drove it for five minutes and went to buy his own! Used to have a Morgan and, I think, Aston Martin in the Fifties. He has a place in the mountains and uses the Lotus to get up there along a fantastic Lotus road.

Drives in a "spirited" manner and just delights in the car. Has told me a few tales of 911 encounters and such.

I would aspire to have half of his wit, wisdom and love of life if, when, I reach his age.

BTW, I think he contacted some Lotus registry in England and they seemed to think he is the oldest Elise and possibly, Lotus, overall owner they know of.

:bow: :bow:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Picture didn't attach!

Sorry, the picture didn't load.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
One last try.

Still trying on the picture of the oldest owner!
:wallbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
fzust said:
OK, How many people here agree with me that:
#1. That is just so bad-ass.
#2. Hope that that is us at 83.
#3. Hope we can still get in and out of the thing.
#3. Hope like hell he drives better than many other 83 year-olds.

You need to post a picture of that stud with his car.
Jeez, Fred.... How old are you? I'll bet, at 83, he still remembers what comes after 3.... -poke-

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Tonywa28 said:
Thanks for all the orders, I'm overwhelmed.....should have charged more....
Tony, I appreciate you assembling these kits. It is great when people like you and others here step-up and supply nice conveniences, additions and services like this to the community. I have PayPal'd you an additional $30 for my kit to help cover your costs, time and efforts. Keep up the great work! :up:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Good man, Baysailor!

Baysailor said:
Tony, I appreciate you assembling these kits. It is great when people like you and others here step-up and supply nice conveniences, additions and services like this to the community. I have PayPal'd you an additional $30 for my kit to help cover your costs, time and efforts. Keep up the great work! :up:
Everybody should do that!!! :huh:

I know Tony's too nice of a guy to go back on his (pricing) word -- even though he's taking a bath on this....

G

·
Tony is a really nice guy. He installed the kit on my last Elise at his house.

He's got a really nice garage (with A/C) and he's a real knowledgeable tinkerer!

And a computer geek to boot!

Q

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Tony,

Just received my heater core bypass kit a few minutes ago. It will make a nice project for this evening. I still have my front clam off because of some other work I am doing, so this should be even easier!

Thanks! :up:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Baysailor said:
...so this should be even easier!...
....he naively spoke -- that is, until he realized there was no way he could contort his XXXL-self under the passenger-side dash to do the hook ups! -poke-
( Tony and I are both on the tall side, too. ;) )

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
No worries on the money. It's a service project for the ET community. I don't lose money on the kits and I don't mind putting them together en masse, it's the one or two kits at a time that are killers, dragging out all the tools, making the same number of trips and parts orders as for 20 kits, etc...

All in all, good fun.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
insane said:
....he naively spoke -- that is, until he realized there was no way he could contort his XXXL-self under the passenger-side dash to do the hook ups! -poke-
( Tony and I are both on the tall side, too. ;) )
Ha! That's why I have a 5' 2" wife... oh wait, she is 8 months pregnant... ah, it will still be easier for her than me! :D

Seriously though, she is great. She's the one that even goes up the mast of our sailboat when needed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I've shipped 15 kits so far with what looks like another 8 needed. I've had to reorder parts, so it will be a few days for the remainder. Last chance for orders. I'm ordering a handful of extra parts.

Shipped:
Bob F.
Joe C.
Brian C.
Rich B.
Chris H.
David C. - 2 kits
Chris N.
Dipan P.
Chris P.
Fred Z. - Shipped
Michael C.
James Y.
Chris M.
Gary J.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
3 more kits shipped

Richard S.
Stanford C.
Tim M.

This will be it until the next 18 valves and solenoids come in.:(

Actually I'll use the break to autocross the MINI this weekend!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Gary

You're in per our PM conversation.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Tony,

Just got the two kits and my hat's off to you on the organization shown in the packages. Very nicely done, especially for an operation that is not your day job. The instructional CD is a very nice touch. Thanks much!

161 - 180 of 350 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.