The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

My 2005 Elise has been acting weird and was wondering if you had any advice on possible solutions. It has regularly been operating in the high temperatures. Around 230ish. It used to regularly operate in the 195ish range but recently went high about a month ago. My heater does not work either while the temp is rising but once it hits around 240ish it drops quickly back to normal 195ish and then the heater starts working again. Not sure whats wrong but its pretty stressful having the temp reach almost boiling on coolant.

Also I've just done regular oil changes since ownership 3 years or so ago. Is there any other maintenance needed to be done for proper upkeep at this time?

·
Registered
182 Posts
And by 'topup' im just fishing to see if you have been losing coolant. Because you shouldnt need to top it up unless its leaking somewhere.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Sounds to me like a misbehaving thermostat, only way to find out is to change it. Not a big job, and lots of info on this site.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
My dealer flushed my Rad some years back and ended up leaving some air in the system. My car ran above normal temperatures. Once I topped up the fluid it was back to normal. There was no leak in my case.

Did you have the Rad flushed recently?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts