The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i find it hard to heel toe with the locations of pedals

the gas pedal sits quite lower then the break pedal and it hard to blip the gas

does anyone make a booster plate for the gas pedal or is there anyway to adjust the gas pedal to make this type of adjustment and move the gas pedal more into relation to the break pedal

·
Registered
677 Posts
The pedals should be set from the factory such that under heavy braking the brake and accelerator pedals are almost level. Thats how it's been on all 3 of my elises.

·
Registered
257 Posts
is there anyway to adjust the gas pedal to make this type of adjustment and move the gas pedal more into relation to the break pedal
I adjusted my throttle cable and removed the rubber stopper beneath the gas pedal. Although I'm still working on my heel-toe skills, the pedals are now in a much better side-by-side position under hard braking. I posted a few pictures in this thread (posts #48 & #49):

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/pedal-adjustment-heelntoeing-22576/index2.html

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry - I just noticed that you said your gas pedal is lower than the brake pedal. Mine was too high when the brake pedal was depressed. Perhaps a throttle cable adjustment in the opposite direction would work for your issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't know about the DBW models (have no reason to suspect it's different), but my '05 brake pedal height is adjustable. It's a matter of loosening a nut, adjusting the pedal height by turning a second nut, and then tightening it back up. Search "brake pedal adjustment" and you'll find a couple of different threads on the topic.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
There's always the "Heel-n-Toe" pad that Sector111 [used to] sells.

As Diesel said, it should be adjustable. I had the HnT pad until I got the pedals properly adjusted by the guys at Lotus of Beverly Hills back when they existed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Also depends upon how big your foot is. I have very large feet so my foot is always at an angle to fit in the pedal box... so I need the pad even though I have the pedals adjusted to an extreme as is...

You can make your own pedal pad easily, just find a way to clamp a shim on it...

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I don't know your experience level with H/T downshifting but perhaps it is nothing more than operator error. Take a look in this thread. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/some-newbie-questions-tried-search-57167/. There are several pointers on how to H/T properly and a picture of what to do if you'd rather just change your pedal.

The DBW pedals are not adjustable. The S111 H/T pad is only for '05 model year cars.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Sector111 and a couple other vendors offer a set of replacement pedals for the DBW cars. They come with shims for setting the accel pedal height.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The pedal set up on my 06 Elise is perfect. I can't brake hard enough on the street in normal situations to heel n toe but on the track its great.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
FWIW, I am having the same problem on my '05. I worked on it all weekend without much success. I was breaking in a new pair of Piloti shoes.

I am considering adjusting the pedal height.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have small feet size 7 mens and my foot almost fits between the break and gas pedal

for me to heel and toe i almost have to stop to be able to blip the gas thats how far a part my pedals are i will take pics and up load then

·
Registered
42 Posts
For 06+ DBW cars check out Sector 111. You can adjust the gas pedal left or right, and they come with shims for the brake pedal. If you need to raise the gas pedal you can use washers. Also, much higher levels of grip than factory.

Brian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts