The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you weren't driving on Highway 1 around Big Sur today or yesterday, you missed out on probably one of the best and most beautiful drives ever. I got about 70,000 heel/toe shifts and absolutely gorgeous views.

The weather right now is perfect!

Just wanted to share..

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm running the Big Sur marathon in about a month, so although I won't be driving I'm sure to get alot of "heel/toe". If you get a chance stay at the Post Ranch Inn, makes the whole experience that much better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
With the Elise's handling, I find the chassis is not upset through shifting even at ludicrous speeds and turn-angles so blipping is not a factor so heel-toe is unnecessary. It's more like heel, then more heel.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Just keep in mind that the faster you go and the more you put the car on edge, the quicker it's going to snap around on an abrupt downshift that locks the rear wheels for a moment.

Steve

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you weren't driving on Highway 1 around Big Sur today or yesterday, you missed out on probably one of the best and most beautiful drives ever. I got about 70,000 heel/toe shifts and absolutely gorgeous views.

The weather right now is perfect!

Just wanted to share..
Lucky dog! I was stuck in the office, away from my toys in the other show room.

About a year ago I did a run through the hills out to the coast by myself to have some time to myself. Nothing beats having a great time in your car, nailing every shift, and knowing that only you and your car together could do it that well. :shift:

·
Registered
440 Posts
With the Elise's handling, I find the chassis is not upset through shifting even at ludicrous speeds and turn-angles so blipping is not a factor so heel-toe is unnecessary. It's more like heel, then more heel.
rev matching is always better when downshifting...anything else and you have a much higher risk of spin-outs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah. I can't argue with that. I usually get into a nice happy gear beforehand though, and rarely use the brakes, but that's me.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I took the Elise up north for a highway 1 run and though the roads along big sur were wonderful, the lumbering RVs and slow traffic were not, I only got a few stretches where people were actually doing the speed limit :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts