The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi......Nothing cooking in the near future that I know...but congratulations on getting the car. :clap:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Welcome to the area. I just picked up my second Elise so I'm back in the club. No area group-drives at the moment, but we should get one together this fall.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Welcome! Look for the FVMC event at Autobahn in the Fall.

I'm between street / track cars at the moment. Sadly I let the CF-T go, miss it already. I needed a change of platforms though. Just track time for now in the Diasio.

If anyone is going on vacation and needs to have their Lotus exercised I'd be glad to help out.:D

Side note:
I drove the 370Z and the GT-R yesterday. The 370 just about put me to sleep. I took it back after 15 minutes.

The GT-R was incredible, as I had expected. I went out for 45 minutes and had a blast with it. I can't find a fault with the car in any area. Brakes, acceleration, cornering, finish and ergonomics were all spot on. The downshift throttle blip was perfect. The transmission goes into Manual mode as the default when you start it and if you want to drive in Auto it has to be shifted manually. If you use the paddle shifters in Auto it defaults right back to Manual and needs to be set again into Auto. It's definitely on the list of possibilities.

Napelton Porsche is setting up 20 Cayman S track cars that will have full warranty coverage by the factory if you can believe it. Not really that fast though. I checked the track times and my CF-T was faster.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome. Just forgedabout driving it in the winter if chance of flurry. Ton of local events, I miss a chicago event every week, but you have to check about 10 different sites to find them all. Almost no organization. Try lotustalk/midwest, lotus corps, salt creek sports car association (west burbs where Im at), minicooper site sponsers british car night usually on saturdays, various sites for autox, track events (FVMC in mid september), and car shows. When you get your car and decide the radio/speakers sucks, send Chuck Risen an email. He is the sound go to guy for the Lotus and he is here in chicago. He is on lotustalk as Chuck_Risen i think, and sells the best subwoofer option for our cars and also paints various internals. FVMC is the local dealership. Say high when you are there, Im only a few blocks away.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I'm moving here semi-permanently. Have an apt in Lakeview (Chicago proper) starting September 1st, and even have a garage all set for winter. I work outside the area, so I fly extensively.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think your Yellow Elise showed up at my store today. very nice car!! Stop in and say hi when you pick it up. I am T.J. the Lotus tech at FVMC. If you need anything please give us a call or drop an e-mail. I will try to remember to leave a card in your car incase i am not in when you come get it.

(wow, i just realized if thats not your car i'm gonna feel dumb...oh well)

Welcome to Chicago!!

T.J.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
ucla.....my reporter lives in Lakeview. He'll give you the 25 cent tour, if you don't already know the area or anyone.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Welcome to Chicago!:nanner:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts