The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
you will need enough leg dexterity to touch your toes.
Absolutely, that's the key, rather than any given size. I am 6'2", 200 # and when I finally saw the actual car for real after bidding on Ebay, I was a bit sheepish the first time. First week I got less and less awkward--another owner pointed out no one is looking at the driver which helped withthe self-consciousness as well. Along with some more stretching at the gym. No seriously, it just gets easy with practice.

I have even found I can wear a cowboy hat while driving with or without the top on, something I could not do in my 92 Camaro Z28.

On the other hand another thing I was told is proven true once again by the OP--these cars are dangerous to get into as you will never get out!

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
welcome -

don't waste time talking, go get one. every minute you are here talking is another minute you could be driving!

I liken this car to a motorcycle. if you can live with riding a bike all year long, you should be good to go.

enjoy it when you get it. you'll be pissed for waiting so long to get one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 6'1 195 and a little less agile from some back and leg injuries. I slide right in. I have the T tops or gull wing top and love them for show but rarely use them for getting in and out. I'll admit it took a little while to figure it out. You shouldnt have any problem. Me, I take it slow, sit down on the sill, duck, slide in, pull one leg then the other.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts