The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Hello Everyone - Hunting for an Exige S!

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  kcdedric 
#1 ·
Greetings everybody! I'm hoping to become an active member of these forums in the near future...I'm currently looking for an 07 Exige S with the track pack, LSD, and star shield specifically. Oh and no red or yellow :rolleyes:

I've been trying to negotiate on a couple dealer cars, but nobody wants to budge much on price. Really wishing I was in a position to make a purchase last year before prices started going up! Do you guys think prices will continue to go up, or will this $45-50K range for a decent 07 be a plateau?

Anyways, here is a picture of the car I just sold. It's a 2008 BMW Z4M, Space Gray on Imola. I absolutely loved the car and may end up buying another one day, but I couldn't help but want something a bit more raw for the track and backroad/canyon excursions. :shift:

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you guys think prices will continue to go up, or will this $45-50K range for a decent 07 be a plateau?
Good luck on your search! I've noticed that the Exige inventory has really dried up lately. It took me awhile to find my S240...I even went so far as to PM random LT members to find out who would sell (no luck). Thankfully, I found one locally in the color I wanted, and jumped on it. Just be patient, I'm sure you'll find one - $45-$50k seems like a good range to find a well sorted car.

As for the prices going up, I don't really see any reason for them going down anytime soon! I think it'll probably hover in that range, maybe go up slightly more. The problem that I encountered when S240-hunting was that everyone wants to keep their car and no one was selling! If that continues, prices may continue to rise.

I remember in 2010, you could easily buy a low mileage 07 Exige S for $37-$39k!

Graham

#5 ·
That game we played in elementary school ? Musical chairs ?

I think the music has stopped and everyone that has one is sitting down with their hands underneath them...

I looked around as if I was looking for a Exige at all the usual places... uh oh ! It is eerily devoid of Exige on the Lotus For Sale forum...

I think the early tire kickers have left the building on these cars ? As usual all I can say is Time tells all stories ! If Lotus had gone kaput I would not be driving mine right now as much as I do...

#7 ·
In looking at Auto Trader, there are 11 Exiges for sale nationwide which seems on par with the numbers listed over the past few years (my personal observation). Many of the 07's on there were priced higher presumably due to the super low milage I saw. I seem to recall a BRG 2007 Exige listed on this site recently for the low $40's. I've seen several others with asking prices around there as well. Listings are sporaric because rhe car is fairly rare so just have to do your searches early and often!

#9 ·
I'd be interested in seeing a further breakdown on the prices based on color. From what I've seen, some colors sell much faster and for more money than others. I could be totally wrong, but I'd assume there's not as much demand for BRG as there would be for a CO or KG. Aspen White, of course, being the most sought-after and commanding the highest prices :p

#10 ·
That can play a role, but not as much as you think. Because of the rarity of the cars, and other factors like budgets, condition, and desired options, a person can 'want' a car that doesn't exist, at least in any numbers. And even if they exist, one's 'perfect' car may not be for sale.

Lots of folks start out wanting or not wanting certain colors, but often compromise when they realize they might wait indefinitely to experience the joys of Lotus ownership.

Buyers do themselves such a disservice when they advertise that they are looking for a car by citing their color preferences. If, as a seller, a buyer has tipped his hand as to most desired colors, knowing that I have one of the few that might be available at that time, I have the leverage in negotiation.

Best to just say: "Looking for an Exige S. Open as to color, options, location." Even if in reality the buyer has very specific criteria.

Threads have been started about "What did you pay for your Elige"

The data is hardly useful. As sale of these cars is such a rare thing that each transaction is unique and a function of a lot of variables.

#12 ·
I might have a 2007 Exige S in Arctic Silver/Black with less than 3K miles for sale soon. Has track pack, touring pack, star shield and limited slip differential w/traction control. Unfortunately outside your price range :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.