The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to introduce myself as a new member to this forum. I'm a Brit living in SoCal USA with a lifetime fascination for cars, particularly British sports cars. Have always had a thing for Lotus, especially the Elan DHC.

Several years ago I was fortunate enough to get hold of a low miles AH Sprite from the original owner. It had been parked for 30 years with a split coolant hose. Really enjoyed bringing her back to life. Fortunately only minimal engine work was required. Refreshed the mains and big-ends, unleaded valve seats were fitted, used the original valves. Rebuilt the SU's, new fuel pump. Replaced oil cooler lines. Flushed the cooling system and new hoses. Brake cylinders and hydraulic lines etc. Basic enhancements such as a Datsun 5 speed with uprated clutch, Pertronix ignition and alternator have turned her into a reliable fun driver that can handle freeways and the twisties. Re-upholstering the seats, new carpet and top added to the learning curve.

Now on the lookout for an Elan project. But in no particular hurry and keen to learn more about these wonderful vehicles.

Humbly yours,

Neil

1 - 1 of 1 Posts