The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After spectating for some time, I finally convinced myself to register.

Currently I am in the market for a 2011 Elise SC, though still considering my options as I continue absorbing all of the insight posted here.

Looking forward to a purchase later this year. Hello!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome, there are quite a few of us on here from Austin

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello and welcome

I live in austin with a white 06 supercharged elise. You're welcome to check it out sometime and if you'd like to get some info etc I've had mine for 4 yrs

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
Hello & welcome from San Antonio.

·
Registered
436 Posts
+1 from Austin... great city to owe a Lotus!
You'll absolutely love it!

But careful on MOPAC... they'll GET YA!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys!

Fell in love with the car years ago, my uncle's purchase of a 2008 in Nightfall Blue not helping much either.
You may see him there in Houston, or on track days at TWS. Great people.

Besides scenic routes, any tracks in the Austin area worth visiting?

Welcome, there are quite a few of us on here from Austin.
Thank you kindly. Still new to the city, but I quite like it.

I live in Austin with a white 06 supercharged Elise.
You're welcome to check it out sometime and if you'd like to get some info...
I might hit you up sometime in the future, always willing to learn. Cheers!

+1 from Austin... great city to own a Lotus!
You'll absolutely love it!

But careful on Mopac... they'll GET YA!
I can already tell, driving home takes me through the winding, elevated roads. Just awesome.

And duly noted, haha.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I visited Austin not too long ago, I wish we had some of your curvy roads here in FL. The car will be a blast there

·
Registered
61 Posts
Besides scenic routes, any tracks in the Austin area worth visiting?
Driveway Austin is amazing. They are an instruction based track, not a country club. The instructors are very good and the price is more than reasonable. The icing on the cake is that the L1 and even L2 courses were basically built for the Elise. Fantastic!

Here are some videos of the track.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Driveway Austin is amazing. They are an instruction based track, not a country club. The instructors are very good and the price is more than reasonable. The icing on the cake is that the L1 and even L2 courses were basically built for the Elise. Fantastic!

Here are some videos of the track.

Haven't been to Drivewayaustin myself, but have heard good things..

I'm a member at Harris Hill Road and its a great track (especially for lotus) and has some elevation which is really cool.. very reasonable prices and nice people there Mazda Raceway at Harris Hill Road - Motorsports Clubs, Driving School, HPDE, and Corporate Events

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am in the market for a 2011 Elise SC
I just talked to Chris at the dealership and they have two 2011 SCs on the floor right now. Orange and yellow. I don't know if you were looking for new but I haven't seen a single 2011 for sale by owner. Might be a few years before people are looking to give those up.

If you're interested, call Christopher at John Eagle European. I know one of the cars has been on the floor almost a year now so I think there are some serious deals to be made.

Also, you should come to Cars & Coffee in Leander May 1st. John Eagle sponsors it so there are always at least a couple Lotus there, and I usually attend with my 2011 R.

Good luck on your search!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts