The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I'm from Belgium and my passion is cars,it's the first time I bought a Lotus and it's by far the most fantastic car I've had (had a Honda NSX, Porsche 964,Porsche 996 turbo) I already replaced the stock headers with the Larini ones and drive catless,have stock exhaust but added a very small silencer in the S pipe because it was to loud without it ( very big difference in sound without cats) I also mounted the AEM air fuel gauge because I like to know what happens but I noticed it runs very rich in the high rpm range 10/1 , hope this is normal.I also bought some carbon parts ,just love this car..

Some video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYCgwOYiolw&feature=youtu.be

·
Less is Better
2,788 Posts
Is this the S converted for a soft top or the S roadster? I thought the convertible wasn't available with the splitter and wing.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
:wave:

look at that exhaust system!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is this the S converted for a soft top or the S roadster? I thought the convertible wasn't available with the splitter and wing.
Not a roadster, just converted to fit the canvas roof :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Impressive.......Most impressive.........

Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Dixie,
were you in Luxembourg ten days ago?
there was a red Elise or Exige parked up my street, with Belgian plates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dixie,
were you in Luxembourg ten days ago?
there was a red Elise or Exige parked up my street, with Belgian plates.
No it wasn't me,maybe my girlfriend with her Luxembourgh lover I don't know off :facepalm

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Very Jealous. I wish we had the V6 exige here in the states as well... dearly

·
Registered
945 Posts
Why is it not road legal in the US ?
Here in the US all cars have to have a Federal certification to be imported (thus, the "Federal Elise").

The V6 Elise/Exige doesn't pass U.S. safety regulations due to a variety of technicalities, but the reality is that Lotus just didn't have or want to spend the money to get the car tested and approved here.

The US is funny because in most states here I could weld together a car out of pipes in my back yard (Locost 7!) and register and drive it, but I can't import one less than 25 years old that's not approved (V6 Elise or Exige).

Go figure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here in the US all cars have to have a Federal certification to be imported (thus, the "Federal Elise").

The V6 Elise/Exige doesn't pass U.S. safety regulations due to a variety of technicalities, but the reality is that Lotus just didn't have or want to spend the money to get the car tested and approved here.

The US is funny because in most states here I could weld together a car out of pipes in my back yard (Locost 7!) and register and drive it, but I can't import one less than 25 years old that's not approved (V6 Elise or Exige).

Go figure!
I don't understand why Lotus don't want to spend some money to get it approved in the USA , I'm sure they would sell a lot of V6 Exiges...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Christ, that's awesome! I love the sills/rocker panels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts