The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I figured since I will be flying out to buy my first Lotus at the end of next week it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Austin, I live in Bellingham, Washington and for the last 6 years have been building a show quality VW GTI with the intent of getting a Waterwerks (largish Washington euro show circuit) gold trophy. As I accomplished that a couple of weeks ago I felt it was time to try and win trophies for track /autoX while upgrading to a car that has been a dream of mine for a very long time.

Anyways, hi!

-Austin
(Soon to be owner of an 2005 SC'd Storm Titanium Elise)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Congrats! We'll be moving our diffuser shop to Bellingham in 3 weeks.
That is awesome! I'd really dig being able to check out the shop sometime. Planning a new shop location party or anything?

Kazi,

Thanks for the heads up. Pacific and evergreen are the only ones i've been to so far. I'll look into that track. Apparently we have an AutoX group here (CSCC) but they have no spot afaik and have not updated their site since last year. I figure I'll be making a lot of trips down south to learn.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Welcome to the Lotus owners club. I started actually doing AutoX "Seriously" this year, and I have to tell you...it is a BLAST!!!

If you have questions feel free to PM me, love to bounce ideas off of you. Since you bought an 05 S/C (if it is OEM, then you will probably be in SP, which is a fun/tough class), if it is a non OEM then you will be in SSM or XP based on car weight...and well one is challenging and one is a money pit. Good luck figuring out the direction you plan on going. :)

P.S. Fred at Blackwatch Racing is an AWESOME source to get parts and knowledge from for AutoX and other items...just great to talk to. And you can't beat working with Glenn from Difflow, he will bend over backwards to make sure you are treated right!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spartacus and Sturgeon, thank you.

GiantMCM - Cheers, I'll likely drop you a line to chat about it. The cars SC is a Sector 111 Katana2 so yea, I'm still trying to figure out class.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you haven't yet, make sure to check out The Ridge Motorsports Park

Really fun track, I find it more enjoyable than Pacific Raceways. Plus they don't have huge dirt walls and trees 2 feet off the track.
:up::up:

Did my drivers training at the ridge in my Esprit (I race FV with IRDC) and it's a beautiful track, great fun and only 3 years old.

Pacific Raceways just re-paved turns 8&9, so it's better than it was.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
The only Elise I've seen in Bellingham was red with red underglow, parked near bars downtown.
Sounds like you'll be raising the quality of local Elises.
Lol.

micro1394 said:
That is awesome! I'd really dig being able to check out the shop sometime. Planning a new shop location party or anything?
Stop by anytime when it's done! We can party if you'd like, and wave aluminum around in the air, like we just don't care! :evil:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Spartacus and Sturgeon, thank you.

GiantMCM - Cheers, I'll likely drop you a line to chat about it. The cars SC is a Sector 111 Katana2 so yea, I'm still trying to figure out class.
The Katana 2 will automatically put you into SSM, so you will need to meet the minimum weight requirements or XP, which will give you all the room you need...but you will need a budget to match.

However...something else to keep in mind, depending on how "Serious" your club is...they may let you just run the car in SSP and have fun. I will say though that if you go to Nationals you will DEFINATELY have to have the car properly placed.

Drop me a PM, love to chat. ;)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Stop by anytime when it's done! We can party if you'd like, and wave aluminum around in the air, like we just don't care! :evil:
I think the red one with underglow was Glenn's weekend get away...obviously he is having flash backs. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Katana 2 will automatically put you into SSM, so you will need to meet the minimum weight requirements or XP, which will give you all the room you need...but you will need a budget to match.

However...something else to keep in mind, depending on how "Serious" your club is...they may let you just run the car in SSP and have fun. I will say though that if you go to Nationals you will DEFINATELY have to have the car properly placed.

Drop me a PM, love to chat. ;)
Looks like SSM is what will happen. Once I figure out tire size I'll prob need to add between 150-300lbs. First things first, I need to get the car. My wife and I fly out to NY on the 29th to pick it up and we will be driving it back to WA. rotfl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.