The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to write a formal hello and introduce myself, I purchased my new to me used elise a month ago, It is a 2006 Storm Titanium with 59,000 miles, got it serviced by Dietchwerks and they noticed I had an oil line leak. I contacted Lotus but the recall wasn't out yet but they still fixed it for me for free! :) Looking forward to get to know everybody on here.

Sold This:

For This:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome!

I too had mine serviced by Dietsch Werks after I got it this summer (mine's a 2007, so I'm not affected by the oil line leak).

I hope you'll join the Golden Gate Lotus Club and come on one of the drives.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Congrats on the car, sorry about the California ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
welcome!

I, was also a previous owner of the E46 M3, and few cars later, just purchased Lotus. 7k miles on the odometer and I love it.
So what is it you like about you new lotus compared to the M3. Just curious as I was interested on those also before I went withe the elise

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Awesome. I came from an e46 330ci as well.

And FYI, they probably did the temporary fix to your oil line. Make sure you get the recall done.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcomes everybody!

So what is it you like about you new lotus compared to the M3. Just curious as I was interested on those also before I went withe the elise
The M3 was a great car but all the common failures if they do fail will cost a pretty penny, so instead of worrying about it breaking all the time I decided to just let it go and get something cheaper to maintain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts