The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get my 1st Lotus and 2nd Elise.

In 2007 I named my daughter Elise without giving much thought to the car. Now I'm looking for a weekend car that is more fun than my A4 and sportier than my Jeep.

Back in the early 2000s I frequented a few Miata forums and had triple black NB with black rims that got a lot of attention. I also frequented a few motorcycle forums and had SV650 that was pretty heavily molded. I don't expect the Elise will be modded *much*.

Anyway it is nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Welcome! I just moved back to Lake Norman after being gone for several years. I had considered a SV650 but went with an FZ-07. Both bikes are very much the two-wheel equivalent of the Elise in my mind. Not the most powerful, but light, fast enough to get into trouble, and stripped down.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
755 Posts
I am looking to get my 1st Lotus and 2nd Elise.

In 2007 I named my daughter Elise without giving much thought to the car. Now I'm looking for a weekend car that is more fun than my A4 and sportier than my Jeep.
Well, if you don't need a back seat, the Elise is the best fun road scalpel out there. If you get one, be sure to post 'Elise in the Elise' pictures - it's sort of a tradition dating back to the launch of the car in the mid '90s. Attached is my favorite, from Elisa Artioli's Instagram feed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
welcome to the support group... =D I'm up in Asheville but plan to venture to Charlotte more often with my '06 Exige - might be down that way this coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Hopefully you find a car soon and start enjoying the Lotus ownership. I'm located in Concord and have a 11' Exige 260 FE. I use mine for street and track.

Take care,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I hope you get it soon as well so you can enjoy whats left of our driving season. GLWS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words. I'm in Huntersville so I seem to be in the middle of many of you. It is just a matter of finding the right car for the right price.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I'm in Huntersville so I seem to be in the middle of many of you. It is just a matter of finding the right car for the right price.
Eldon and I are both right about half an hour from you! If you come across a local car, I'll be more than happy to look over it with you or give you pointers. I'm sure Eldon will do the same, but I won't volunteer him for it ;)

Mine is currently in a hundred pieces or else I'd offer to let you take it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the family! I live very close to uptown Charlotte, 2005 Elise with ~some~ mods, let me know if you’d like a test drive sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts