The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just picked up a 2005 Lotus Elise, Touring, Katana SC, Magnetic Blue. It is the best car I have ever driven, and now I own it. I plan to drive it every chance I get. I have owned it just over a week and have put about 250 miles on it. I want to thank everyone in the forum for being involved in the Lotus community. The information you post has proved invaluable in my decision.

Lotus.JPG

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Welcome!

Colorado Springs in turning into the Lotus capitol of the world!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welcome and congrats, looking forward to seeing another Lotus in the area.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Now the fun of changing stuff around begins. I swore I'd keep it all stock. Then I changed the mirrors. Then reinforced the shifter (best advice+ use the Redline "cocktail" that Sector 111 cooked up). Then got LSS wheels. Then got Lotus sports seats (Probax rules). Then swapped out the electric windows for old-fashioned cranks (gorgeous). THen got Exige-style side pods. Then shaved front control arms. Then got great exhaust, and fabbed up a cool valence for it.....

And I'm a middle-aged guy for crying out loud!

Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the "party" -- I like the color / stripe combo! And of course, we've got some of the best weather for DRIVING -- 'not saying anything about our DRIVERS though... And one-of-these-days, when I get out of this sling (May?) -- I hope to get the BumbleBee out-'n-about!

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
welcome!

You're sharing COS with another 2005 Magnetic Blue! I have a forcedfed 275 turbo mag blue, no stripes though! It's great seeing another mag blue; I think I saw a lime green one last year, but for the most part, we're few and far between, at least from my experience.

Unfortunately, mine's in my garage until December...or probably until next spring. Its driver is stuck in Afghanistan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts